Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
As in common with most MH owners, I decided to give ours a name.....But what? well, I considered naming her (it has to be a 'her') after the wife, but hey.............:Doh: Then the mother in law, but 'Winnie The Witch' didn't seem to fit. Something Germanic perhaps?? JagdPanzer seemed wrong as well.
Then nostalgia crept in. 'Sloopy' seemed to fit for a couple of reasons. Firstly, in the 60s pop song, "Sloopy comes from a very bad part of town"......... We bought her in Dewsbury, so that was right. "Hang on Sloopy" fitted as well, (on roundabouts, before the new air suspension units were fitted).
And, the girl in the video below always did a little something for me...........:Eeek: And so, 'Sloopy' it is. :thumb:

Watch and DROOL!! :Cool:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlTKhPkZSJo&feature=kp"]MaCoys - Hang on sloopy.mpg - YouTube[/ame]

OP
OP
Tootles

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I wonder why...:roflmto:

she must be in her late 60s.. maybe 70 by now.. :Sad:

Her name is Leona Jurgensen, a well known dancer in pop vids from the era, but I cant seem to find out what happened to her, nor where she is now.........

However, to me, time stands still when she dances, which is how it should always be.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tootles

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
indeed.. old fiddles play better tunes... that's what they say Joy :winky:

or is it an old wives tale.. :roflmto:

Not sure about that Jim. Whip your bow out and give it a check. It should have a nice taught string when your playing with it...........

Does that sound right??.........:winky::winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back