Names of funsters

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Lindylooj, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Lindylooj

Lindylooj Read Only Funster

Reading through the recent thread on what you are doing this weekend, I notice quite a few Lynn's as members. Just wondering if certain names are more likely to be motorhomers? Could of course be an age thing too, Lynn's and Christine's being popular names for those in their 50's!

So I am a Lynn hobbies crafts and reading, Hubby is Kev loves reading and diving, both love motorhoming.

Over to you, would be interested to see names and hobbies.

2. keithcdb

keithcdb Read Only Funster

Keith:
    Motorsport, traveling, drinking, smoking, cooking and most of all being with my family

Ashley: Caring, moaning, wine and holding the family together :RollEyes:

• Like Like x 1
  3. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

I`m Mo, and I`m old... :Wink:

Maurice to my friends... :Cool:

Love motor bikes and used to do a lot of sea fishing, built my own charter boat, 38 ft Lochin to MSA standards... but now live a few miles in land from the sea, but still love it... :thumb:

And T-total...

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  4. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

David and Carole another 50s name thing, fortunatly we both love the same things. The number one thing being Motorhoming.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LucyCaitlynW

LucyCaitlynW Read Only Funster

names & hobbies

Lucy (solo) crafts, pets (cats & chameleon) now enjoying the freedom of MH as I learn from my mistakes

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

We are Kath (Kathleen) and Howie (Howard). Mine was a forties thing from my parents who claim to have named me after a Hollywood actor; Howard Freeman. Saw him once in a Randolph Scott movie playing the black hat lead. :Smile:
    Now able to travel a lot with our 4 dogs.

7. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

ShiftZZ, AKA Dave, also known as Hilda.
    Hobbies, Genealogy, Politics, Fishing, Photography, Rugby
    Left of centre, Moderate, T Total (same as Old Mo), quiet, unassuming , fashion conscious, supporter of green issues, organic food, RFU.

Mrs ShiftZZ (Kathy), atheist, cage fighting thug, hard drinker, tobacco chewing, right wing fascist, who loves cross stitching and wine gums.

• Like Like x 18
  8. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Here we go.........

David and Dawn (another 50's thing, I suppose) David - dinghy racing, more dinghy racing and ball games such as Cricket, rugby and fussball. Still working looking after inspection services to ships and shipowners. Dawn spends a lot of time helping rehome rescued dogs and also fostering them when necessary.

Duxdeluxe came from a not very good rock band in the late 60's (which was quite funny until I met their ex drummer....... ) and chosen because my other user name would not fit - it had an apostrophe in it.

9. peter marshall

peter marshall

Peter & Lynn
    Both named in the 40s, love Vintage cars, darts, golf, and of course our Motorhome. Pete :thumb::thumb:

Ps not t total hic

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

names

Brian-57-----------american vechicles,harley davidson,and playing guitar (badly):Laughing:lost my mojo for motorhoming at the moment but will see what next year brings hopefully we will be back on the road:thumb::Smile:
    brian jo and josh

• Like Like x 1
  11. Popeye

Popeye Funster

POPEYE: AKA Griff (Paul) and Jackie, Interests Me; Sailing, Shooting, Golf, Motorhoming.

Her. The Grand-sprogs, entertaining, keeping me in check and she enjoys a pinch of snuff.

Most of our time is taken up with property renovation and or building and has been for exactly 40 years now. Though I seem to spend an increasing amount of time visiting Hospitals and attending funerals.

I've been 'Popeye' since 1976 and cb radios, because I have large forearms, smoke a pipe and enjoy sailing.

..........NEXT
    :thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

Hello. My name is Janine and I'm an alcoholic....ooops, wrong room :Blush:

Apparently I was named after an actress called Janine Gray in the 1950's and definitely not after a character from East Enders :RollEyes:

A couple of years ago, I took up music again (after a 40-year break!) and spend a lot of weekends playing at festivals and rallies.

I'm also a tatter and a hooker - in fact, I do lots of fabric & yarn crafty stuff to stop me going to sleep in front of the TV.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Really, I didn't realise you played rugby:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 5
  14. Viennese

Viennese Funster

!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  15. Jez and Lin

Jez and Lin Funster Life Member

Hows this then, I'm Linda Christine! and kid no.4 of 6 my Mum clearly could not be bothered, I'm 59 & known as Lin:BigGrin:

16. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

My name is William normally known as bill work on the rig’s
    Hobby’s well I run a cadet unit I a passionate abut it my wife say’s I am obsesst with it she could be right I also dive fish kayak climbing instructor and more and motorhome
    We are rising our grandson jay and he is the most important hobby
    My wife Lyn she makes cards and qrochas blanket likes sowing making things and generally giving me a hard time:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steve

Steve Funster Life Member

Iam 50s child, Stephen, but only my mother ever called me that when I was in trouble. Now today after having been ill with Mr C:Sad: but for the time being alive to see another day:BigGrin: I was pleased to be made redundant and draw a pension three months ago since then the mh wheels rarely stop turning:thumb: I like a drink, I like to eat, I have never smoked cigarette's:Smile: I like talking and listening to others. I would like my wife to be with me on some of my trips but that a'nt going to happen, its horses, horses and more horses for her. so I travel alone but meet some great people.:thumb:

18. Toffs-G

Toffs-G Read Only Funster

Gary (apparently I was going to be David, dont know what happened there) hobbies - Golf, travel, learning to play the piano (badly)
    Married to Cathy aka Jinyan - also likes travel wants to take up golf when junior is old enough and keeps the family on the straight and narrow

19. scousebird

scousebird Funster

I'm Helen (60s baby) he's Alan (50s baby).

I enjoy crochet & cross stitch, read loads (good library where I live), cooking, eating & drinking, and of course travelling in our MH. :wine:

Alan loves reading, sleeping, eating & drinking, and of course travelling in our MH. :drink:

• Like Like x 1
  20. rangitira

rangitira Funster

I'm John, named after an Uncle that died in Sth Africa, Francis after the old man, Colin cause I was the last baby the midwife delivered, and she said if ever she had a son he would be called Colin:Sad:

Mrs R is Maureen, funny, Brainy, unpredictable, lovely caring, - - - - -