lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well after a wee walk round Inverness town this morning we headed to Nairn via Fort George, when we arrived we planned on staying at the harbour for the night. As always I thought I'll double check its ok so went along to the harbour masters office, ask the guy in there and he said no problem but you might prefer the wee car park over the bridge as the boy racers come down here at night. He also thanked me for asking as most just turn up and park although as he said technically their not allowed.
So off we went although just across the bridge we had to drive about 1/2 mile as no Vehicles on bridge, anyway once round the other side we noticed a parkdean site so thought I'd pop in and ask how much. The receptionist couldn't find the price list so asked if £10 sounded ok and that included passes to swimming and sauna for us both, so our wildcamping night has turned into a nice site and facilities.
Just been out for a lovely Indian and a few beers to celebrate being a year older, what a lovely wee town.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If you are going that way I can't recommend Port Erroll at Cruden Bay enough. It will be a wet and wild at this time of year but parking on the harbour wall overlooking the beach is a blast. Literally if the wind is in the right direction!

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks for the info will keep it in mind, we have no real plans bit we thought about going back down via Grantown on Spey Ballater and Braemar but you never know all might change.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

Kelsae2

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2011
kelso,scottish borders
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Lorger
You definately won on the price for that site. The price we were quoted in late summer was rediculuous.

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
£10 parkdean is a steal put my van through for family to use in Oct £35 night !!!! Surprised it was still open !!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back