Mysterious humming noise...... (1 Viewer)

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Just been for a few days to Eye Kettleby Lakes, which is a really superb site with the best facilities I have ever seen, bar none. The fishing wasn't much cop, but that's my fault and the recent cold nights to blame, not the lakes that look superb.

Anyway, on Wednesday we were leaving the van to go to the (superb, again) clubhouse for a drink and to await the fish and chip van when Sue and I became aware of a loud humming noise in the Chausson. We thought it was bit loud for the heating fan and assumed the noise was coming from outside somewhere but after checking it wasn't, it was somewhere in the van near the bathroom. I tried disconnecting the electricity and switching the heating off, but it was still there. By now we had to rush to get in the queue for us chips, so gave the matter some thought over the evening ahead.

After discussing the problem with some fellow campers we decided the problem must be the "full tank" warning on the loo, as the noise was certainly emanating from nearby, perhaps a noisy relay, and would certainly disappear if I emptied the tank. I did this in the pitch black when I got back after a few drinks with no help from the current Mrs Bobpalt, and triumphantly slotted the tank back in place. Bugger. The noise was still there. After shining my torch in the toilet cupboard and waggling a few wires, I suddenly had a lightbulb moment. "Toothbrush" I shouted. A voice from inside confirmed that the battery toothbrush she had used when getting ready was indeed still switched on and left in the wall mounted glass holder, and it was this that was being amplified by the structure to produce the hum. I have to admit I had some thoughts about what the scenario would been had I stormed into the dealers and demanded they fix the major electrical problem we had in our 3 week old van.........

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
they do make an infuriating noise.. many times I've collected my bag from an airport carousel to be greeted by a furious buzzing... I try and remember to take the batteries out now..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Having just adapted a small computer cooling fan to fit inside my fridge vent I was astounded at how the loudly the hum resonated on the side of the MH. In the end I removed the cable ties I'd used to secure it with and stuck it to the vent with sealant. A big improvement but there's still a noticeable hum. Funny thing acoustics.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
old chinese proverb say......empty vessel make most noise

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
After you used the Rampant Rabbit Jaws, you use the
nu nu to get the hairs from your teeth.

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Lady equipment is softer than electric toothbrushes and give a duller/softer tone???????????

Shaver ????!!!!!! ;)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
At least you found it. In Hythe, Southampton some people had to move away because of the drone ‘pulsating’ through their homes. Scientists now think that the noise is being caused by fish, competing to out-hum one another as part of an unusual mating ritual.
midshipman-fish.jpg

You just couldn't make this stuff up.................

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
I'll give that a try, HHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm,
Will let you know if it works (y)
Be careful you might start a new MHF thing........................... hum de hum de hum.......

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
At least you found it. In Hythe, Southampton some people had to move away because of the drone ‘pulsating’ through their homes. Scientists now think that the noise is being caused by fish, competing to out-hum one another as part of an unusual mating ritual.
View attachment 77832
You just couldn't make this stuff up.................

I reckon they're just practising their scales.:getmecoat:

OP
OP
BobtheBass
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
A man walks into a chemist, and asks the pharmacist to make something up for his bad cough. "Certainly sir", he said "we had that David Beckham in here yesterday to buy some laxatives". "Did you!" the chap exclaimed. "Not really" the chemist said "I was just making it up for you".

I think this is actually a line from a Bonzo Dog song. A man went into a dry cleaners. The sign above the door said "24 Hour Dry Cleaning". When will my shirts be ready? he asked. A week on Tuesday he was told. I thought this was a 24 hour dry cleaners? he said. No, that's just the name of the shop the assistant replied.....

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
A man walks into a chemist, and asks the pharmacist to make something up for his bad cough. "Certainly sir", he said "we had that David Beckham in here yesterday to buy some laxatives". "Did you!" the chap exclaimed. "Not really" the chemist said "I was just making it up for you".

I think this is actually a line from a Bonzo Dog song. A man went into a dry cleaners. The sign above the door said "24 Hour Dry Cleaning". When will my shirts be ready? he asked. A week on Tuesday he was told. I thought this was a 24 hour dry cleaners? he said. No, that's just the name of the shop the assistant replied.....
Bob, I will have a pint of whatever your drinking.........:giggle:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
looking a a previous post it might actually
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRRRRRR as tha correct way of saying it and you get to mate as well???
This site is getting??? smutty

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back