myfordturner

Discussion in 'England' started by myfordturner, Mar 18, 2008.

1. myfordturner

myfordturner Read Only Funster

Can anyone recommend day parking suitable for a 6.24m motorhome in Lincoln in June/July. We will be staying at a site yet to be found nearby. Suggestions for good sites would also be appreciated.
    Jim and Elaine

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Come on guys, help Jim and Elaine out here
    Welcome to the FUN SITE Folks:thumb:
    Geo

3. theboadacea

theboadacea Read Only Funster

Hi Guys

Never been to Lincoln myself but my cousin lives in a wee village near there. She says that when she goes to Lincoln she always uses the park and ride due to the ridiculous amount of traffic.

Does anyone know where the Park and Ride is? There shouldn't be any height barriers if buses go in and out!

Not sure if this helps but it is a start :BigGrin:

4. N Luyetund

N Luyetund Deleted User

I contacted the council when I wanted to visit their Xmas mkt they were quite helpful...

I suspect another Graham (GJH) will be along shortly with a link to his m/h parking web resource (I looked but couldn't find it:Doh:)

5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

As Graham says, Lincoln Council is very helpful as regards parking.

THIS is the page you want on the web site.

As far as I know the park & ride is only a temporary measure each year for the Christmas market. There is a P&R page on the council web site HERE but it only gives contact information rather than service details. I should have thought it would be worth giving them a ring though.

I'd appreciate any feedback (contact link in the Make a Contribution box HERE).

Graham

6. Jan Pendreigh

Jan Pendreigh Read Only Funster

Can't advise as to the park and ride but there's a delightful little site at Welton Golf Centre which is by a fishing lake, has electric and facilities in the club itself. Was £8/night when we looked. 01673 861888 Welton Manor Golf Centre

There's a C & CC CS in Brant Broughton which we definitely wouldn't recommend.

Or, about 17 miles from Lincoln, Heath Farm, Rauceby. Electric, loo and hot water. Tel Paula Ireland 01529 488409. £7.50/night

Have fun, Lincoln is lovely
    Jan