Mychoone (1 Viewer)

Scunny-Arfie

Free Member
Sep 21, 2008
Scunthorpe
Funster No
Anyone fancy a cheap August b/hol weekend in Derbyshire?.
Last year my wife, me + our 2 friends went to the Mychoone music festival, it was a festival of spin off bands though "Journey South" ended the weekend.
It was the first time it had been run + we turned back our year ages + decided to give it a go.
I (we) arrived on Thurs the afternoon before the start of the concert, we were the !st there though within a few hours atleast 3 dozen tents, caravans + M/h's were there.
Friday about 12.00 the bands were rehearsing the weather was windy but sunny but later in the afternoon the heavens opened + the wind was very wild.
The 1st band started their gig at 19.00 in the most horrendous conditions, a few brave revellers dared to face the elements, we was lucky as i had parked near to the stage so we wasnt as brave + stayed in our m/h, lots of beer, the odd few "Jack Daniels" + a deck of cards but still able to hear the music as i had reversed the m/h some 25 yardrs from the huge stage.
Saturday was a little kinder, sun came out for the odd hour or so, wind dropped to just a breeze. Music started at 12.00, the breeze + sun had worked wonders as the music field started to fill up, couples, families with thier kids + every man + his dog was in the field.
Danceing, singing, supping, looking round the stalls, generally having a great time.
Tea time + out comes the BBQ + more cans then back to the live group scene. The rain returned again that night.
Sunday very much the same, windy, sunny, cloudy + showers.

When it was time to leave many cars, mh's had got stuck in the fields due to the ammount of rain (dont know how but we made it out no prob) but the organisers were rallying round with 4 wheel drives + i believe a forklift.
I (we) are pleased to see on their website that they are again running the festival for the second year.
Our friends have insisted we book for them + 4 other couples + their kids (who can get in free) we know are also going to it this year so i hope the weather is more kind to everyone this year though it should be as they've moved it it the August bank hol.
Theres water, no electric, i bought a "Kippor gen for the weekend though i only used it for my tv ( sorry all you honda owners + haganap :Smile: but the Kippor was great + still is), there was many brand new porta cabin toilets with warm water + a "First Aid" ambulance (thank you for removing the fibre glass splinter from my finger that i got from the awning pole that the wind had shattered om the Fri night).

All this cost just £25 p/p per weekend (camping + kids free) + we even got 2 free pints in that price though not sure if thats on offer this year.
I have nothing to do with this event nor do i know the organisers but i do know it was a brilliant weekend in spite of the weather + i think it is worth letting "Funsters" know when i see value + lots of fun to be had.
Go on turn back Your Age Clock for a weekend + be a teenager again.
Hope to see a few "Funsters" there this year.

Check it out on their website "Mychoone", there is even a vidio of last years event on there also on youtube.

:thumb: :Cool: :Smile:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Good call, that man! :thumb:

We hadn't heard of it before but it looks the kind of simple and amateurish (in a good way!) thing we like.

Might see you there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
were up for that cant get there while saturday afternoon
but only half an hour away got no plans see you there !! :thumb:

OP
OP
Scunny-Arfie

Scunny-Arfie

Free Member
Sep 21, 2008
Scunthorpe
Funster No
Hope to see you all there.
I hope to be parked up near the water tap behind the stage provided its in the same place as last year.
I will be in (no shouting please) a "Bailey Pageant" caravan with a 05 reg silver Scoda Superb.
Please pop over 4 a chat if you can.

Bring Me Sunshine ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back