My Winter Campsite Water Tip! (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Please note:

Might not be good for all !

We have internal winterised tank, gas only water heating and don't drink water from the main MH Tank.

When you pop to the shower block or come to fill your tank. Add a couple of watering cans of Hot water from the sinks to your tank. It will take the edge off your very Cold fresh water.

Benefits:

*The water will heat quicker, and your shower water will be warmer for longer
*The gas heater will consume less gas (might be critical if you are skiing from site longer)
*The ambient heat from your van will not be absorbed as much by your tank (Another problem if you don't have electric heat source)

TM

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Please note:

Might not be good for all !

We have internal winterised tank, gas only water heating and don't drink water from the main MH Tank.

When you pop to the shower block or come to fill your tank. Add a couple of watering cans of Hot water from the sinks to your tank. It will take the edge off your very Cold fresh water.

Benefits:

*The water will heat quicker, and your shower water will be warmer for longer
*The gas heater will consume less gas (might be critical if you are skiing from site longer)
*The ambient heat from your van will not be absorbed as much by your tank (Another problem if you don't have electric heat source)

TM

Why would you go the site showers to bring hot water to your mh for a shower. I would shower over there. My mh has an external tank with an anti freeze device designed to keep the water temp above freezing. As it is an extra on the basic mh I assume they can be retro fitted.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Why would you go the site showers to bring hot water to your mh for a shower. I would shower over there. My mh has an external tank with an anti freeze device designed to keep the water temp above freezing. As it is an extra on the basic mh I assume they can be retro fitted.

As per opening line, "Might not be good for all"

There may be may scenarios.

Could be when you arrive on-site?
I prefer to shower in the comfort of my own van.
Some people may not be able to shower outside of the van (disabled)

Not one size suits all.

TM

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
What sort of device is it, Please

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Those that argue its cheaper and better to drive through France!

It may suit some. but not everyone.
Agreed! We would definitely use the Ferries if travelling directly to Spain if we didn't have our dog.

However most of time on the Continent is spent in France so trips to Spain, or anywhere else for us, usually start there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back