My turn to do a "gassing" thread (lol sorry) (1 Viewer)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
There was a point over the last few days where this thread got silly, I am just totally unable to remember when it happened! :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
I have just remembered, in order to be a valid scientific test, you have to show that results are repeatable, so I would need at least 2 motorhomes LOL

Shoot him once in the front and once in the back....... wolla! only one motorhome needed:D

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
all this talk of various weapons and i still prefer my deterrent(s) and thief or intruder shredder. The last person to reach into my van through the window nearly lost an arm. Must remember a sign in multi languages "Dont feed the Staffies" or "Give blood here"

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I have just remembered, in order to be a valid scientific test, you have to show that results are repeatable, so I would need at least 2 motorhomes LOL

we could use caravans for the test. there rubbish anyhow:reel:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
all this talk of various weapons and i still prefer my deterrent(s) and thief or intruder shredder. The last person to reach into my van through the window nearly lost an arm. Must remember a sign in multi languages "Dont feed the Staffies" or "Give blood here"
A good deterrent but hard to clear up the mess after an arm has been ripped off to use as a play toy. Our four legged deterrent prefers the good old CIA water boarding technique by drooling on the intruders face........

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@MinxyGirl
Pisa is the only place we have personally experienced the aftermath of a breakin.

As we arrived on the car park marked for visiting the Tower we were approached by a distraught German woman who had returned to their M/H to find it ransacked. Not only had it been searched but cupboard doors had been torn off. The interior appeared to be totally wrecked. Someone had forced open a window, in broad daylight, and got inside. Her husband had gone to fetch the Police.

We stayed with her until the Police arrived and then, while they were still there, walked quickly to the Tower, took a few pics, and returned to our m/H and left .

Our shortest ever visit to a tourist attraction!

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
A relative newbie...ex caravanner
My post was a an attempt at a poor joke. :groan:

But, as you mention it, then yes that would describe the effect on a human, but I was taking about damage to the motorhome, where by comparison to the shot gun post I was answering, it would leave a relatively small hole. :blush:
I was actually more concerned to the damage to my MH than the perp (love those American expressions)!

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Given the relatively thin construction of a motorhome body, I would have thought that the bullet would shred and leave a gigantic hole in the wall. I reckon some form of scientific testing is required! :D

Excellent idea. I wonder if the VeryOldMoIceCreamInternetMan would oblige us with his, to play with ?
Will you ask him, or should I ?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
That reminds me of the time we went out in our Rapido MH to a CL in Derbyshire for the weekend, when we got there we both got out to have a shuftie for somewhere to pitch up as the field was sloping, hubby exited via the driver's door, me out of the habitation door. Suddenly we heard a 'clunk' ... one of our dogs had stood on the door button and the central locking had engaged ... which also worked on the habitation door ... as both sets of keys were in the MH we were locked out! :confused:

Fortunately hubby had left his window open a bit, enough to put a hand and wrist through, but no more. B*gger ... what to do ... fortunately on the ground nearby was a small tree branch so hubby broke it to a suitable length then stripped the twigs and leaves off

He then proceeded to try to hook the end of it under the inside driver's door handle in order to 'flick' it to open the door, but to no avail ... not because it wasn't possible ... but due to one of our dogs thinking it was play time and decided to have a game of tug of war with it! Hillarious just doesn't do it justice, I was helpless from laughing as hubby was trying to persuade our dog to let go ... which just made her tug on it even more! After a while and once the dog had got bored he was finally able to get the door open with the stick and grab the keys out of the ignition just in case it happened again!

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
you lot going soft, what about a 12 bore and perhaps a 410 for the ladies
That'll damage the motorhome paintwork ;)

We have a stanley knife in the rear lounge and one in overhead bed. That's assuming the thief got past the dogs !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back