Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
My faithful old TomTom One Edition 3 isn't talking to me any more. I'm not sure what I've done to upset her, and everything else is functioning just fine. She was OK during the summer trip abroad. The volume's up, it's not muted, and it was updated a month or two ago. I haven't got any other voice files on it.

When the volume is turned down and it's muted there's still a faint static crackle coming out of the speaker at the back which makes me wonder about a possible software crash.

Anyway, I'm backing up the Map folder with all the POIs in, and I'm considering a complete reset.

If anyone else has had this problem and knows of a better solution could they please let me know? Ta.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
A few years ago after an update, my Tomtom went quiet, turned out that there is a 'silent voice' in the voice selections, that somehow got applied.
Took me ages to figure it out - I thought the speaker had given up.

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
My 2.5p is why not try it without the voice for a while and see how you get on?

I hated mine telling me where to go at every junction and roundabout, so turned the voice off ages ago.

I can now have conversations with others in the car or listen to the radio without interruptions!

Steve :Smile:

OP
OP
magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Sorted - it needed a reset. None of the POI data was lost either.

I prefer having the voice on just to remind me when I'm approaching turns and exits after a long straight section.

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Sorted - it needed a reset. None of the POI data was lost either.

I prefer having the voice on just to remind me when I'm approaching turns and exits after a long straight section.

Hmm, yes, have missed a couple of those, I must admit! :Blush:

Still, glad you've got it sorted.

Steve :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
This year on the way to Spain,
I had bought a new Snooper I also had on my old Garmin on to compare , the Snooper was showing around 5 Miles further back than we where, the Garmin kept on trying to taking me on lesser roads, and Lynn had the windscreen wiper on her side missing due to a snow fall of the front of the van so had a salted up screen and couldn't tell me where we were , but we got there . Pete :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back