LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2010
TONYPANDY Rhondda Wales
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker LB
Exp
Since 2009
:cry:Hi everone Please is there anyone out there who can HELP PLEASE!!!:cry: I'am having a problem with my steps not coming down when I press the switch. Also I'am getting a constent bleeping when I'am traveling or when the van is ticking over. I know the steps only work when the engine is off. My van is a Fiat CI Motorhome Carioca 625 any information most welcome.:Sad::Sad::cry:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Try using the retract switch, sounds as though it has tried to come out and got stuck, hence the warning bleep.

Others may have more ideas.

Peter

Upvote 0

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
My steps had the same problem at the beginning of the year, when I pressed the switch I could hear the relay working. I gave all of the joints a good brush and a spray with silicone lubricant, and with a bit of gentle pulling and pushing while the wife operated the switch it started working. My steps get covered in road muck when travelling and if I don't keep the joints / hinges clean they stick.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Have you also tried the fuse on your 12v DC circuit ?Normally has its own fuse 15 amp.This could have blown if the bearing joints are dirty and preventing the step from coming down.I would imagine fuse would blow before damaging the motor.

Upvote 0
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
More than likely road dirt jamming up the works.
I spray mine with WD 40 and gently pull and push the steps as Mrs k operates the switch.
Not having fancy lubricants I use 3-in-1 oil to lube the mechanism up. :winky:

Upvote 0

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
What im thinking with the bleep is its not retracted properly maybe when ignition is switch on so the motor is fighting to pull it into closed position.I dont know if alarm would still sound had the fuse blown and as you say probably caked in sh t.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Had a similar problem with my Laika Ecovip 7R, found that the earth was loose, look at the underside just behind the step and see if any are loose. I just tightend the screws one by one until the step worked, by the way it was just my step not coming down the alarm was fine.

David

Upvote 0
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I sometimes get some bleeping coming from outside the hab door when the OH is trying to pull the step out and discovers some road dirt. I don't think it is electrical although regular fuse blowing......lol:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back