my soler project (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
was looking at the cost of solar panels at Harrogate show and got thinking I wonder if I could make them so I fund some 10 watt panels each one was putting out 21v linked them all together 23 v in resonabill sunshine
so I started today with some junk out of the garage that I was going to throw away a old camping table has
using a grinder soldering iron amps meter and a bit of bodging
result
PICT0121_zps094294ba.jpg

PICT0120_zpsc11b9f3b.jpg

PICT0125_zps1e62885f.jpg

not finished yet but having fun bodging:ROFLMAO:
just whis I knew how to insert thumb nale thingumabobs

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
still having problems posting picks but the wife dose not appreciate her mothers day present
<a href=

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
so now I have had help with the wiring time to think how to fix it to the roof

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
You are a trier Bill I'll give you that.
That should see half to one amp going into the regulator not much left to go into the battery though, it seems a lot of work for little gain.
40W /12V = 3.3 amps at midday in the height of summer in full sunlight, the rest of the summer around a quarter of that and next to sod all in the winter. But may be just enough to stop the engine battery running down when parked up for a long period. But not enough to keep your leisure batteries topped up, though I suppose that depends on usage really. Mount on the rear of the van to keep the weight off the front wheels.
Mind you kept loose and directed at the sun all day it would do as well as an 80W panel so think twice before fixing it.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
You are a trier Bill I'll give you that.
That should see half to one amp going into the regulator not much left to go into the battery though, it seems a lot of work for little gain.
40W /12V = 3.3 amps at midday in the height of summer in full sunlight, the rest of the summer around a quarter of that and next to sod all in the winter. But may be just enough to stop the engine battery running down when parked up for a long period. But not enough to keep your leisure batteries topped up, though I suppose that depends on usage really. Mount on the rear of the van to keep the weight off the front wheels.
Mind you kept loose and directed at the sun all day it would do as well as an 80W panel so think twice before fixing it.:thumb::thumb::thumb:
it ways next to nothing 3 kg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back