artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
A PC is like that famous soldier's weapon, the 7.62 caibre SLR. If you do not know how to strip it down and rebuild it then you are dead :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Like ScotJim I would not have windows on our Macs. When I bought the first one the guy offered to put windows on. As he went to put the disc in I truely started to shake and told him to stop :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The machine we use in the van is a cheap Mac Ibook. We paid £113 for it from Ebay. The idea was that if it gets damaged what the heck. We bought it last year, its a G4 and dates back to 2004. Shona loves it and uses it every day to view the internet. Try finding a PC based laptop that age that still works................

Welcome to what the unwashed call a religion Jim ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

stew

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
2004! just a baby Stew,::bigsmile: When we where sorting out to move I came across my old Amstrad portable, (more like draggable) plugged it in and it fired up. ::bigsmile: Its around 1991 vintage.

Ian

Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
lap top is a mac

Maybe I'm misunderstanding.. if so apologies..

Apple Mac computers use Apple's OS X operating system and run Adobe Flash, always have .

iPads run the same operating system as the iPod Touch and iPhone .. basically a big screen iPhone..

Ipads or iphones do not run flash,if macs do then i do not know why ipad and iphones do not,would be very nice if they did,or is there some APP out there that will !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Ipads or iphones do not run flash,if macs do then i do not know why ipad and iphones do not,would be very nice if they did,or is there some APP out there that will !

Yes, I am fully aware that iPads and iPhones don't run Flash , I was pointing out that they are totally different beasts from a proper Apple computer ..

There are many reasons why Flash isn't on iPads, main reason is that it's a touch screen device..

Flash on the iPad will not (and should not) happen—and the main reason, as I see it, is one that never gets talked about:

Current Flash sites could never be made work well on any touchscreen device, and this cannot be solved by Apple, Adobe, or magical new hardware.

Link Removed

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
And there you have it ladeez and gennelmen - Mac's are for thickies

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No, Macs are for people who don't need to prove they know how to strip and rebuild a PC. Been there, done that, moved on.

These two say it all really :Doh:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZuqxlEvgko&NR=1[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q17-AmXO_4&NR=1[/ame]

Philip:ROFLMAO:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
ooohhhhh jim what have you started

the mistake i made when i bought an i mac ,was the screen size and picture quality:thumb:

when in hindsight i should of had an apple laptop same price :Doh:

but me pore little legs ach running up and down staires :Eeek::Blush:

and the m/soft lappy stays put in the draw

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Link Removed

From that link

We also know first hand that Flash is the number one reason Macs crash.!!!

Hang on Steve, Mac's don't crash. :ROFLMAO:

There it is guys from the man himself, Mac's crash, just like PC's.::bigsmile:

Ian

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
It started with the iPhone, then in December I got an Ipad. The sheer usability and good design hooked me. My first ever look at Macbooks was in a shiny Apple store in Birminghams Bullring, I was smitten. This week I bought a 15' Macbook pro running 2.3GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 with a superb anti glare screen.

First impressions from a died-in-the-wool PC user - Very impressed so far:thumb:

Me thinks Sian is giving him too much pocket money for his own good.

Peter

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
When I did my first Avid training course back in '93, I was the first to crash the computer in our tuition room, pushing it hard to see what it would take. It crashed within about 40 minutes, and I lost all that I'd been editing. That would be the Mac then.............

Years later and I'm editing on Media100, less crashes, but still losing all that had not been saved when it did crash. Even the AutoSave failed. That would be the Mac then............

Moving on a few more years, Final Cut Pro arrives. And falls over - even on network servers. That'll be the Mac again.............

A year or two later and I'm editing on Quantel, no crashes, no lost footage or edits, and on the rare occasions when it does fall over, when it picks itself up, still no loss of material. That'll be the PC then.............

When your livelihood depends on it................................PC's rule.

Sometimes, yes, if parts fail, at least you can pop down the road and pick up the part easily and cheaply. Friends with Mac's have to take them back to an authorised Mac [STRIKE]stealer[/STRIKE] dealer. Do parts never fail on your motorhome?

My current crate with quad-core processor, XP Pro + SP3, 4gb RAM, 750watt power supply, endless SATA drives on RAID has never crashed in the last 2+ years, has all the right protective bits-n-bobs that never need a moments thought, has only software on it that I need and use, and cost me very little money from Novatech, who I can highly recommend.

Enjoy your Mac's boys and girls.............

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back