Dec 4, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Luton Van Conversion
Exp
Since July 2015
Hey Funsters!

So the inside of my LDV Luton conversion is all done now. Thought we'd head to Wales wild camping over Christmas and New year, before we head to Europe in Feb!

All is going great, I've even managed to create a Blog and a couple of posts! http://www.beyondthevan.com

A quick write-up about the conversion with photos - http://www.beyondthevan.com/about

The outside looks a right mess still, but that'll all change in January! I have some plans for that!

DSC_0042-1-750x500.jpg

Plenty more photos on the blog. Hope it's ok to link to an external site, I'm not too sure how to upload photos directly to the forum, but if the external link isn't allowed, I'll work it out :)

Happy New Year to all.

Rich.
BeyondTheVan.com

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Wow that looks like it will be very cosy! You have done a fantastic job. :)

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Looks like my log cabin but with wheels, love it .:xThumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Looks great inside, you have put a lot of hard work in but it will pay off.:xThumb:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Looks like nice quality work and a very cosy design.
It must have been quite touch and go on the weighbridge though!

OP
OP
BeyondTheVan

BeyondTheVan

Free Member
Dec 4, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Luton Van Conversion
Exp
Since July 2015
Thanks everyone! Really pleased with the inside now.

The van has been uprated to 4.5 Tonne. I weighed it before we left (and before fuel) and it was 4220Kg. So with us fat buggers and the fuel, it's just under the 4.5T. Phew!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Very nicely put together but my experience of wood burning stoves is when you get that thing going and it starts belting out the therms you will be sitting outside! The inside of the MH doing an even better impression of a sauna. :) But great for the winter in the snow - assuming the tanks are insulated and have heaters.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Just looked at your blog - your conversion is fantastic. It looks so cozy - it has a ski chalet look about it... Really lovely!

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
im a bit confused you dont like mobile phones but have satelite tv and a phone plus internet?

UK Pete

Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
on/off since 1991in campervanss
I really like your van set up, and totally enjoyed reading your blog, it does sound like lots of hassle with the satellite though, i will lookforward to reading more on your adventures
pete

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
I had never heard of EHS before reading your blog must be a nightmare for you as pretty much everywhere is wifi or mobile etc..... other than keeping away from all the things that affect you is there anykind of treatment

Tom'n'Gill

Free Member
Jan 3, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Some experience.
Awesome van, LDV's are tough vans in the main, noisy but tough. Like the tail lift, can see your thinking in keeping it.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
That looks really good, keep the thread going. (y)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Wow. It looks like a log cabin on wheels. Are you full timing in it. Guessing you must be . You look like you'll be very comfortable in your cosy home on wheels.

BFM14

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Well done. Absolutely brilliant job. I am always envious of people who have the confidence to start and complete jobs like this. I hope you good times away in the vehicle!

OP
OP
BeyondTheVan

BeyondTheVan

Free Member
Dec 4, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Luton Van Conversion
Exp
Since July 2015
im a bit confused you dont like mobile phones but have satelite tv and a phone plus internet?

I don't dislike mobile phones, I used to love them, the repair of them is my business. I had an over exposure to the microwave radiation that they emit and as a result I become very unwell when near an active phone, wifi, bluetooth, etc. Basically, anything that utilizes the 2.4-8GHz bandwidth. The phone in the van is wired, as is my internet connection. The satellite is extremely directional and operates at 20-30GHz. My condition is EHS, and although currently not recognised properly in the UK (the UK's telecoms industry financed the research into the condition and the thousands of independent test cases have been brushed under the carpet), it is in many European countries, hence travelling to find places more suitable for me.

I had never heard of EHS before reading your blog must be a nightmare for you as pretty much everywhere is wifi or mobile etc..... other than keeping away from all the things that affect you is there anykind of treatment

It is, it's a total life changer and an absolute pain in the backside. From the simple things in life like going to the pub (free wifi and surrounded by phones) to the more essential things like visiting supermarkets and shops. The only treatment it seems is to keep away from the sources for a long period of time, then be very careful how much exposure I get thereafter.

Wow. It looks like a log cabin on wheels. Are you full timing in it. Guessing you must be . You look like you'll be very comfortable in your cosy home on wheels.

Thanks! A log cabin was the theme I aimed for! It's a perfect home on wheels and fully shielded (except the cab!) from the electrosmog that I can't be around.

Really appreciate your kind comments about the van everyone! Great forum to be on.

Latest Blog post is now up - http://www.beyondthevan.com/beyond-to-wales-part-2-2

Rich.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
A Great and lovely job you have Made,the best ive seen for along time,well thought out , enjoy your new life and Travels,Regards Alf and M (y)

OP
OP
BeyondTheVan

BeyondTheVan

Free Member
Dec 4, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Luton Van Conversion
Exp
Since July 2015
For anyone interested, here's the background of my Luton conversion.

http://www.beyondthevan.com/van-history

But if you have anything more interesting to do, such as washing up or cleaning the oven, I understand :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Rich.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
For anyone interested, here's the background of my Luton conversion.

http://www.beyondthevan.com/van-history

But if you have anything more interesting to do, such as washing up or cleaning the oven, I understand :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Rich.
I've just read some of your blog about your condition. A very interesting read . I'm sure we will see more and more people affected by this in years to come as new generations are brought up with technology . Your van is a credit to all your hours of work and it will make a lovely touring home. Enjoy your travels and let us know how you get on.(y)

OP
OP
BeyondTheVan

BeyondTheVan

Free Member
Dec 4, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Luton Van Conversion
Exp
Since July 2015
What an excellent conversion. It looks very comfortable indeed.

Thank you! Really happy with it!!

I've just read some of your blog about your condition. A very interesting read . I'm sure we will see more and more people affected by this in years to come as new generations are brought up with technology . Your van is a credit to all your hours of work and it will make a lovely touring home. Enjoy your travels and let us know how you get on.(y)

Thanks Anthea. The whole wireless technology scene is going to cause horrific illness worldwide eventually, it may take 10-30 years but the result will be shocking. Will keep you updated on our travels :S

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thank you! Really happy with it!!

Thanks Anthea. The whole wireless technology scene is going to cause horrific illness worldwide eventually, it may take 10-30 years but the result will be shocking. Will keep you updated on our travels :S
I think you are right about that,hope you find somewhere which is safer for you. Happy travels for you and Kirsty.(y)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Good luck with that. Happy travels funster

Join us or log in to post a reply.