My Heart stopped (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
The boss lady wanted to go to shops earlier so I reluctantly get of my arse and get in car to take her out. As we reversed of the drive on the grass by side of our van is a skylight the winds here have been terrible. This is when my heart stopped its been raining all night and still drizzling on and off all day. I pulled back onto drive rushed in got keys ran in van but all is well its not ours. So who it belongs too I dont know I am hoping for the persons sake its a double glazed one and we just have the outer skin and they are still water tight.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
The boss lady wanted to go to shops earlier so I reluctantly get of my arse and get in car to take her out. As we reversed of the drive on the grass by side of our van is a skylight the winds here have been terrible. This is when my heart stopped its been raining all night and still drizzling on and off all day. I pulled back onto drive rushed in got keys ran in van but all is well its not ours. So who it belongs too I dont know I am hoping for the persons sake its a double glazed one and we just have the outer skin and they are still water tight.
Could be worse, arrived at my office on Friday, only to find that our flat roof was no long attached to the building, but rather neatly installed in the neighbours garden!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
It's horrid when it does happen. Our previous motorhome had the two big rooflights smashed with the remains of a polytunnel frame two years ago. Luckily the insurance paid out but we had a long wait for parts.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Could be worse, arrived at my office on Friday, only to find that our flat roof was no long attached to the building, but rather neatly installed in the neighbours garden!
I know that isn't really funny but I just had to 'laugh'! :X3:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We stayed at Mazzaron one year and around midnight, during a bit of a storm heard a huge bang.

I went outside expecting the worse to meet a few neighbours who had also heard the explosion.

We did not find anything amiss and went back to bed.

Next morning walking out of the site and noticed a guy gaffer taping a rather large sun roof/light back together.

I did feel for him

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
We lost the skylight from our first motor home, no idea how or when it happened, it took me a while to realise that the drips falling on my head were not condensation but rain.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
On my last van it took me a while to realise that the draught wasn't coming from the driver's door but someone had stolen my window from the habitation door. :(

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I said to the surgeon when he was pulling and pushing to fit in the 'slot'
you would make a good butcher!
He said 'My Sunday Roasts are better'
and then everything blacked out as he put the wires in.
Hit me hard on the chest and then I got the infilibrator paddles and did they hurt!

Alls well as he got me back although there was a right panic in the operating theatre at the time

Peter

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I said to the nurse who was checking my prostate with I think the longest finger I have ever seen !! , we havnt even been out for a drink, you've never phoned me, or tried to woo me !!!!! He laughed,,,,,,,,,,, ( true)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I said to the surgeon when he was pulling and pushing to fit in the 'slot'
you would make a good butcher!
He said 'My Sunday Roasts are better'
Hit me hard on the chest and then I got the infilibrator paddles and did they hurt!

Alls well as he got me back although there was a right panic in the operating theatre at the time

Peter
Oh, you have the internal defibrilator kind of pacemaker? My uncle has one of those, I thought you meant the regular pacemaker that takes over the control of the heartbeat.

FWIW My uncle is now 89 and it has never fired, and he still enjoys a pint with me when he visits (y)

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Oh, you have the internal defibrilator kind of pacemaker? My uncle has one of those, I thought you meant the regular pacemaker that takes over the control of the heartbeat.

FWIW My uncle is now 89 and it has never fired, and he still enjoys a pint with me when he visits (y)
No when my heart stopped on the slab he used the defilibrator paddles to start it up again, I have the standard pacemaker as I discovered purely by accident I had a pulse rate of 33 beats a minute caused by 'heart block'

Peter

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I said to the nurse who was checking my prostate with I think the longest finger I have ever seen !! , we havnt even been out for a drink, you've never phoned me, or tried to woo me !!!!! He laughed,,,,,,,,,,, ( true)
Think that must be standard as my consultant had the same humour when I had mine checked

Peter

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Peter
Not a supposed 'auto electrician' in his spare time is he ... wiring up inverters wrongly ... :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Oh Wendy, pop down here and have a look at my snake bite ..... :Eeek:
..... don't tell me!!!! Doctor said I'm gonna die I know!
.... it's that ruddy spider that @movan found in the loo isn't it ... I bet it's bitten your bum!

Just a note of caution ... don't search on Google for the phrase "spider with teeth" without putting "cartoon" on the end otherwise you'll scare yourself silly with images of REAL SCARY SPIDERS!!!:Eeek:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
don't search on Google for the phrase "spider with teeth"
You mean like this....:LOL:

1243842853837.jpg

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Mystery solved it was the top outer skin of my roof light that broke today :whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back