My first motorhome Rimor Sailer 645TC advice please!! (1 Viewer)

gazza280

Free Member
Sep 26, 2012
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Funsters

I am seriously considering buying a Rimor Sailer 645tc 2003. Its a good price from a private seller. it has everything I need and I can't find a bad thing about it.
I will be using it for full timing so that means wild camping sometimes and obviously 7.2 metres is a fairly long van so will parking be very problematic.
I'll use camp sites sometimes and aires, but I would like comments on the van itself as I can't find any reviews.
Has anyone else got a Rimor Sailer 645 and can give me a few words of advice and pointers.
This is the first motorhome that I will have bought and as I won't be buying from a dealer won't get the detailed handover, so is this going to be a problem?
Any help or advice is very appreciated in advance.

Thanks guys
Gary

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Gary,

Popular with the bike racing fraternity, why should you have a problem with the handover. if the seller cannot explain everything to you and demonstrate how it all works................ walk away, not his van

Peter

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
There's a very good review of the Rimor on www.outandaboutlive.co.uk site.
(Or just google rimor sailer 645tc 2003 review, and it's the first on the list). :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We had a Rimor Sailer 645TC reg 2007 (2006 model) for 3 years - it was a lovely van and drove very well. Has it got the 'high' or 'low' bed? We had the low bed so we couldn't fit a scooter inside ours but it meant we could get up/down to the bed easier. One thing to be wary of is what its payload is - you really need it uprating to 3850kg if it hasn't already been done as it will be sailing (sorry!) too close to the wind at 3500kg, especially as you intend to live in it full-time - I'm not sure if this would require the fitting of air suspension assistance (eg Air-ride) as we already had it fitted on ours (it was a 'vital' necessity in my view and made it handle beautifully) - the 2 pictures below show it first without the air ride and then with it.

We found the fixtures/furniture to be very well made and robust, nothing broke that I can remember at all. Ours was in full UK trim with full cooker, large split fridge/freezer, and had the extras such as the extension flap for the worktop and a few other bits which I can't remember at the moment! :RollEyes:

Any questions, just let me know and I'll see if I can help, if you do buy it let me know as I can tell you what bits and pieces to do to make it more usable and also so you don't have any problems with it (nothing major though). ::bigsmile:

Attachments

• disp-sailer-645tc.gif
    disp-sailer-645tc.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Rimor - before air-ride fitted.jpg
    Rimor - before air-ride fitted.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Rimor - after air-ride fitted.jpg
    Rimor - after air-ride fitted.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Please tell me it's not this one you're thinking about..

Broken Link Removed

see Terrys post at 16.47

Last edited:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
We had a Rimor Sailer 645TC reg 2007 (2006 model) for 3 years - ...................... ::bigsmile:
Blowed if we are going to have Air Ride fitted. It makes the bikes drop off!

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back