calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
So sad for you. Hugs from a fellow dog lover (( ))

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Very sad news. This happened to a friends shitzu. It was poisoned bait on farmland. The wife saw it eat it before the husband could take it of it.

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
John, so very sorry to hear about Harry. More the worse for not knowing how he passed over. I truly hope you can cope with the unanswerable! sending warm hugs xxx

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
We took my dog, Harry, to the vets on thursday morning.
he was being sick for a couple of days and wouldnt eat or drink.
the vet thought his pancriatitus had flared up again and kept him in to be put on a fluids drip.
tests showed his kidneys weren't working properly but he would probably recover once he started getting fluids in him.

He didnt recover.......the vet found him this morning in a comatose state and had to euthanize him.
he asked us not to come to the surgery so we couldnt say our goodbyes which makes us think he already did the deed as we had already signed consent forms for his treatment.

He said he couldnt be 100% sure but thought Harry had been poisoned rather than a flare up.....some things didnt add up to pancriatitus.

because of where we live Harry was free to roam and would take himself off on adventures.
he would go up to people walking but would never get close enough to worry anyone....he was a wuss and would walk away if anyone tried to get too close.
Just speculating but i guess it only takes one to take exception if he approached them repeatedly and throw him a piece of poisoned meat.
another part of our life come to an end but we will get over it and we still have our canine terrorist Jack.View attachment 54575
Hi John just read about your dog it,s bad enough loseing your pet but to think it was deliberate beggers belief,hope you and your family can put it behind soon,all the best.
JohnM

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back