My charger constantly runs

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Baycott, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Baycott

Baycott Funster

Hi all,
    I'm sure one or more of you can reassure (or frighten) me. In my 2006 Autotrail Tracker, when on EHU the battery charger fan is running all the time. Is this right or do I have a problem :Eeek:

2. Wickolad

Wickolad Funster

charger running all the time

Hi, I have an Autotrail an the fan in mine runs almost constantly, I have seen a previous post somewhere that confirmed this was normal. The fan also seems to have spurts of power and appear louder at times even though there is no heavy load appliances in use. The thing is it seems louder at night when you are trying to get some sleep so I turn it off at night.
    Hope this helps and I'm sure a regular, experienced funster will put your mind at rest soon. I' be always had caravans until very recently and never experienced this ECU noise before. I too was concerned when out the first time and thought it was a problem, but this forum put my mind at ease.

3. Masman

Masman Funster

mines the same.:thumb:

4. keith

keith Funster

WE have an Autocruise Starseeker and it has a charger with a fan but only comes on when the batteries have been been supporting us for some days without EHU.

I thought it was normal for it to run the fan until the batteries are recharged, ours then switches off although there is still a small charge going to the batteries according to the ECU.

Maybe your batteries are not being fully charged?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Wickolad

Wickolad Funster

Charger fan

Hi, as I said before I'm new to this but hopefully this link may assist in explaining.
    sargentshop.co.uk › ... › EC225 / EC325 / EC328 Power Control System

6. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

noisy charger fan

Hi, I have an autotrail 2006 and mine is noisy too we turn it off at night its a bit too loud:Smile: