My car, not a motorhome but any techies out there?

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Hollyberry, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

Hi all

Had the car checked over before I drove over to the UK, oil changed, new filters etc...

Sometimes it seems to be very slow/sluggish pulling away in first gear--and at other times, perfectly OK.

I noticed today when it seemed very sluggish the "mechanical" light came on. I thought this meant it was due a service? And the guy said "we've re-set the clock" which I took to mean the time until it was die another service.

Otherwise the car is going perfectly, not using any more fuel than normal, no noise from engine, no other probs at all.

It's a Zafira diesel.

Anyone any ideas?

Many thanks.

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

i dont know what your dash symbols are but is it a symbol of an engine or a spanner ?

3. CHRI$

CHRI$ Funster

the egr valve is blocked,needs cleaning,sometimes a good thrash will clear it, but they do get jamed,and will need removeing and cleaning and the solinoid will need freeing up,when it loses power its going into limp mode and the engine light will come on and the fault code will need to be cleared before normal power return's.

4. simsy56

simsy56 Funster

Just had this on my daughters zafira. No power uphill, increase in fuel usage, it was the filters blocked in the actuators on the inlet and exhaust dephasers. Simple Eh?

Craig

5. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

You did not say which engine but this is similar on all vauxhals just to give you some idea of what is involved in cleaning one

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acQKwb03kuM[/ame]