My best Xmas pressie ever.

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Canned Heat, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Canned Heat

Canned Heat Read Only Funster

I have just ordered my first motorhome:BigGrin:. An Auto-Trail Delaware Hi-line, should be ready end march 2010:BigGrin: I'm very excited:BigGrin: can you tell:BigGrin:. What i want to ask is, is there a "list" somewhere on kitting a motorhome out, or is it just common sense ?. Also where's the best place to buy my whistling kettle's etc.:Smile:

Any advice is most appreciated.

Thanks from a nearly beginner:Laughing:

2. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi Enjoy your new toy hope it gives you and yours good service nice christmas prezi. Pete :Laughing::Laughing::Laughing::Laughing::Laughing::Laughing:

3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi Canned Heat, welcome to the world of Motorhomes, and welcome to the fun.:thumb: Nice outfit you just purchased, you have some exciting times ahead.:Smile:

As for that list of kit, the most comprehensive kit list and checklist ever, as compiled by Funsters, is readily available, just look in my signature below:BigGrin: Purchases support motorhomeFun:thumb:

4. dellwood33

dellwood33 Read Only Funster

We looked at the lowline version at the Shepton Show & were very impressed. Not sure what bells & whistles you will need, it seemed to be well kitted out as it was.:BigGrin:

5. Canned Heat

Hi from a very snowy lancashire.

Thanks for the advice, i am buying the checklist, also going to the caravan & motorhome show in manchester in jan, i'm sure i will be able to pick some things up there.

Have a merry xmas everybody and i hope to see you on the road next easter:BigGrin:.

steve.

6. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

You type of people amaze me
    I am full of admiration for you, choose a motor home put down a deposit and WAIT till March:Eeek:
    How do you do it, how do you contain your selves:Doh:what do you do in the 3 month WAIT:Eeek:
    I would be in peices, no patiance no willpower no faith:Doh:
    Its a carrier bag of dosh or pay via plastic and drive away every time for me:Smile:
    that means of course i will never have a new one:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    I wouldn't survive the WAIT!!!!!
    Geo

7. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Geo,

No coachbuilt is gonna compare with what you have got [​IMG]

8. chrisboyo

chrisboyo Funster

Much better prezzi than socks or slippers !
    See you on the road
    Enjoy
    Chrisboyo

9. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

If your cab seats are fitted with swivels,I would reccomend an insulated screen cove. There are a number of manufacturers the most prominent is Silver Screens,Taylormade,and silver Products. I would personally reccomend silver products,all are available by 'Googling'.
    Happy Trails.

10. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Now thats what I call a proper Christmas Present, enjoy, make sure you have room in the motorhome to store what you buy before getting non essentials. All the best with your new van and Happy Christmas.:BigGrin:

11. lesleyjean

lesleyjean Funster

Hi,

I agree with Geo, I also am an instant gratification type. Right here, right now. Life is much too short to wait 3 months.

Another thing, I always buy second hand because of the depreciation of new motorhomes. If you buy one 3 years old you get a bargain, half of the price of a new one and all problems sorted out by the first owner. Also you can have some great extras already fitted. If Car or Motorhome companies rely on me to buy new, then they would be bankrupt by now. :BigGrin:
    Have lots of fun in your new motorhome, I am sure you will.

May see you on your travels.

Lesley

12. Canned Heat

LOL. I can wait, i'm a very patient man.:Wink: I don't want to rush, this is my "chillin" time of life. I might even wave at passing caravaners:Smile:,just to wind them up:Laughing:

steve.

13. TDH

TDH Funster

:cry-smile:

Waaahhhhh! I want one as well!!!

14. froghopper

froghopper Read Only Funster

wait, ??????

Wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?????????????????/ what is this strange word i hear, like geo, i cant see me getting new, i saw my last one on e bay, bought it and had to wait till check cleared, 5 days, was going mental,, mind you didnt have far to go, traveld from hampshire to cheshire, was camping outside house like a kid at christmas,
    anyway, good luck, enjoy it and hope to see you on the road, travel safe and travel well,, froghopper:thumb::Laughing::BigGrin:

15. RichyB

RichyB Read Only Funster

I'm a 'Newbie' myself, only been vanning for a few months. After the initial steep learning curve you'll be fine. I find its taking me a while to kit the van out as I would like. I just keep gathering little bits and pieces as I go along. But its absolutely great! best wishes to you!:BigGrin:

16. gunerdoo

gunerdoo Read Only Funster

Geo

GEO how long does it take You to walk from the from the Front to the Back of your Damon Challenger ? It must be Tireing :BigGrin: