Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
I haven't had a definitive answer on how to treat my vans underneath wooden bits. This winter I mean to, while she is in her winter accommodation give her underneath parts a right doing.

So come on you guys or guyesses, what do I use, Waxoyl ? or some magic black paint ? or what ?

My friend uses a mixture of Diesel and spent sump oil spraying with a pneumatic gun, sprays it everywhere !! :blush:

Solutions please :)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Crumbs. I didn't know we had to do anything to our bottoms..... Mine is sealed already I believe so thought that was all that was needed. :eek:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I didn't realise my bottom was wooden, maybe that's why my twerking is so stiff?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Moodybrook

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
I've been doing a bit of drilling and changing screws etc so I suspect my SEAL if there ever was one, bearing in mind manufacturing shoddy work, may be compromised so this is just to reinforce my confidence, bit like using deodorant after a good hot shower, belts and braces, or some other saying :whistle:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
ive done the joins, screwheads etc with thompson 10yr roof seal after doing some repairs to the underside on our van

simple reason is that it allows any trapped moisture to get out, doesnt need much pre prep - just brush to get rid of the worst of the muck, and its flexible - its done a great job on the felt roofs around the ranch in all kinds of conditions and had some left over so on it went:)

with waxoyl id think you'd need to be 100% certain that there isnt any moisture in there already, and if there is youll stop it getting out so could do more harm than good - no science behind this just applied the same logic learned from doing up (still!!!even after 12+ years:rolleyes:) an old stone house with loads of lime morter and earthen plaster where moisture escape is absolutely key!!

OP
OP
Moodybrook

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
Thanks "Bungy" that looks the business. I'm looking for the same result from underneath as if it was on the roof. An awful lot of spray splashing about down there on a wet day ! Do you ever have that vulnerable feeling ?

Trying to stay ahead of a "Soggy bottom" Janine, my commiserations ;)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
My Shirley's still got a soggy bottom :-(

Funds allowing, she will get fixed next year.

Your Shirley had a crack in her bottom that needed touching up now and then I think :oops:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Well you did put the pictures on :giggler:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Now if if it was the blokes that were letting my post get led astray with innuendo I'd understand it, If I get to a "Fun" meet I'd better watch you women motorhomers !!:wink:

Sorry :blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back