My apologies to all my buddies here

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by roadster55, Oct 4, 2016.

1. roadster55

roadster55 Funster

Hello all, sorry I've not been on here for a while, but I don't think I qualify any longer as I don't have a camper, in fact I don't currently have any wheels at all!

I've been forced to sell her because of financial restraints involving my late mum's estate and Cornwall CC plus solicitors fees, as I have decided to fight for my mum's justice as they tried to cover the accident up and say it was natural causes.

To add insult to injury there are also problems relating to the legality of my flat inasmuch as it (along with many others) was not signed off by the Council in 2006, in other words it lacks a building certificate which would make it hard to sell. This also has gone to a solicitor (a different one), and many of us are suing the same vending solicitors in town who failed to point this out at purchase to anyone, for professional negligence.

I can assure I've been so upset since selling her on ebay that I've not wanted to talk about it until now. Young Charlie has helped me immensely through this difficult time, and he is going from strength to strength. He alone has made me feel like I've won the lottery - my football team has also helped!
    Some more pics for you:
    P1000398.JPG

P1000406.JPG
    And here he is following an essential haircut to enable me to start from the beginning with his coat again (it was badly knotted and matted underneath). That was done back in August and was timed well as the weather has been very warm here in Cornwall the whole time. He has a high viz rain coat for the wet and cooler days, by winter it'll be regrown.

P1000480.JPG

P1000472.JPG

• Like Like x 32
  2. simbadog

simbadog Funster

Hope it all turns out well for you, nice looking doggie (y)

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

Sorry to hear that & hopefully it will all turn out well for you.Charlie certainly looks like he could cheer anyone up , lovely looking chap.(y)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. alfandM

alfandM Funster

Our thoughts are with you for a peaceful ending,regards AlfandM

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

so sorry to read this hope it urns out ok in the end stay strong you will get through it
    bill

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

Oh & I forgot. Just because you haven't a Motor home at the moment does not preclude you from joining in. It isn't any different from someone starting out & you have a wealthof knowledge that you can bring to discussions.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. big map

big map Funster Life Member

I do hope that you stick around and keep us updated on Charlie's and your progress. Wheels or no wheels! (y)

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. big map

big map Funster Life Member

snap - great minds

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

my thaugts to (y)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. jumartoo

jumartoo Funster

Thirded or fourthed, or whatever, you're welcome to post on here about whatever you need to speak about.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Speve

Speve Funster

Yes keep posting, Charlie's lovely good luck with your claim.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. olley

olley Funster

When I sold my bungalow 3 years ago it came to light that the conversion to a chalet didn't have planning or building regs. Because it was converted some 20 years ago neither the council planning or building depts where interested. The buyer did however take out insurance against future action by the council against him. Cost about £100 I believe.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Had loadsa probs since mum died too .. may have to sell my van .. so fully understand what you are going through .. and whst a BRILLIANT companion to put a smile on you face... :) .. what a cracker.

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Baldeagle7470

Baldeagle7470 Funster

Good luck to you and your pal Charlie,hope it all comes right for you in the long term.
    Stay with us and just maybe we can give you a smile now and again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. roadster55

roadster55 Funster

Yes I'm staying positive and will hire a van to do my planned trip when all this finally gets sorted out. Charlie has his passport and Brittany Ferries have given me a voucher for most of the cost that lasts for 2 years.

The flat thing only came out when the management company, set up by the developer, went bust having "mislaid" £30,000 of leaseholders management fees since 2006. A new management company has been set up by the leaseholders. We have been successful and now I actually own a portion of the freehold on the development hence securing my tenure. But as you can probably imagine it's been a pretty expensive business, with the discovery of the lack of a building certificate being the icing on the cake.

With regard to mum's death the whole thing stinks of an attempted cover up. Which explains why the nursing home failed to contact me on the day of the accident and by the time the hospital had called me around 6 hours later, mum had gone into a coma and I never got the chance to comfort her or even say goodbye. Had I not persisted her death would have been passed off as natural causes due to a urine infection which is what the local pathologist came up with. In fact she had died because of massive trauma to her head following being put into an electric reclining/standing chair and given the remote control and left alone. She had advanced dementia and thought she was young and able to walk a lot of the time. But she couldn't as she was crippled, and hence fell once the chair had gone to the upright position.

My solicitor has obtained the hospital records for mum's admission to the emergency dept and they confirm brain scans were carried out that showed internal bleeding to her brain. The hospital made it quite clear to myself and mum's social worker that the trauma to the head was the cause of death at the time. The Coroner only re-assessed the cause of death from natural causes to unknown due to the notification of myself and the local police who had picked up on it after being contacted by someone at the Coroners Office. We are still awaiting the inquest. I've been told that a member of staff involved with the "care" of mum that day has since left the home.

One day I'll look back on all this and think I came out stronger for it, ideally whilst sipping a nice glass of Merlot under the awning of a hired motorhome, Charlie by my side, or even closer if there is any cheese about!

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Good to hear your update, had noticed that you have not posted for a while, good you have sorted your flat out, now you can relax about that. Charlie looks so well, must be a big comfort to you.
    On the case for your mum, I can understand your frustration and need to put the record right, but I would add its so easy to let traumatic happenings take over our lives. I'm sure you're mum would want you to live your life without costing you to much.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. roadster55

roadster55 Funster

It's finding the right balance I guess, but I couldn't live with myself if I just accepted a wrong that had been done without at least getting it aired in the open, discussed and hopefully lessons learned. If that stops it happening to just one other vulnerable old person that couldn't protect themselves from staff negligence, then it is worth doing IMO.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. scousebird

scousebird Funster

Sorry to hear about your troubles and hope it all gets sorted.
    Charlie certainly looks different after his hair cut.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. pyro

pyro Funster

Normally I have something irreverent to contribute. But not this time.

My thoughts are with you, we may never have met, but I really do hope you do stick around and contribute some of your knowledge to help others, as well as being able to share far better news with us in due course. Stick with it mate

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Hurting for you. Angry for you. Frustrated for you ... and anyone who believes these things don't happen is very lucky not to have experienced them. Keep strong .. but remember your mum is at peace now .. your life is for living ... and your companion is adorable.

• Like Like x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1