My 60 year old mother has just gone full time (1 Viewer)

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Swift 6 berth Coach built
Exp
Afternoon evryone.:thumb:

My mother has bought a Pug Auto Sleeper to live in and is renting her house out in Stockton On Tees.
She has never been in a motorhome before in her life and has jumped in at the deep end and booked the Tees barrage site in Stockton for a few weeks.
She has arrived at the site today and is trying to figure out how things work:Sad:(i live in Southampton)

Is there anyone in the area or close by who could reccomend any sites around stockton which would take her for a long stay and would prove cheaper than the Barrage?

I am happy for her but feel annoyed as she knows nothing about the van and how things work and i am stuck down here unable to help her.
Since getting the van a couple problems have developed, nothing serious but seems shoddy it should happen at all if it has just passed a hab service and MOT.

Battery terminals conections loose and hanging free on the lesiure battery

Engine cut out whilst driving apprently due to a loose sensor.(Crankshaft + Starter motor fault displayed when checked)

The dealer has fixed each problem on both occasion hopefully that will be the last

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I am sure once on site any problems will be sorted out by other campers :thumb:

Good luck to your mum,, deserves a pat on the back. :thumb:

Better than sitting at home. :Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Mark, fair play to your mum.:thumb: Shame you weren't a bit closer, but she sounds like she will easily cope and I'm sure someone will be along soon with some site recommendations. :Smile: Mums are always surprising us aren't they? My mum at 70 odd, came home from holiday with a tattoo on her leg:Eeek:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Life begins at 60 ! Good old mum nothing boring for her :thumb:

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Don't you think she's a bit young to be starting off out on her own?:winky:

If she's got the bottle to do what she's doing she'll be able to cope admirably. Don't let her see you worrying about her or she'll start worrying about you.

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Don't you think she's a bit young to be starting off out on her own?:winky:

If she's got the bottle to do what she's doing she'll be able to cope admirably. Don't let her see you worrying about her or she'll start worrying about you.

Brilliant!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Best of luck to your Mum. Doesn't sound like she'll have too much trouble getting into the 'van' thing. Pass on my congrats and good wishes.

Derek.

teensvan

Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Fulltime in Motorhome
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi.

Well done to your mum. It is a lot better than sitting in a house all day on her own, and not seeing anyone. Load's of people on a site to chat too. In the 3 years we have been fulltiming we have met loads of single people in the UK and Europe fulltiming , and have been doing so for years. The eldest we have met was a man of 84 and towing a car behind his M/H.

Best of luck to your mum.

steve & ann. ---------teensvan.

OP
OP
markymark

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Exp
She said she has been talking to people on the site but there's not many motorhomers there but likes her neighbours.(talks to anyone) HA
I agree with you all about having the bottle to do it its great. I am sure she will find her feet soon and i am a bit envious:ROFLMAO:

Thankyou all for the replys:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Yee haa excellent, wish I could have done it:ROFLMAO:

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
FULL Timers

Hi Mark-We have stayed at the White Water Site many times as we live only 30mins away.Your Mother is probably better off there as a newbie the wardens are very helpfull as are all the other campers that she will meet and the shops are only a 5min walk for her and it is on a bus route into Stockton if she needs it.The only other sites we use in the area are cls and she may find these lonely with only 5 vans and most of them are away from public transport. I think your mother has made a very wise choice and hope she is enjoying herself-Sue and Steve

OP
OP
markymark

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Cheers Sue & Steve.

yes she would need to be close to a transport link if not she would have to go in van, think she is getting a drive away awning but thankyou for your reply

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back