Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Bump for Bob... :thumb:

I had an offer by a dealer today.. he has someone interested in it.. but the dealer wants it trade price... yea right... I have said thank you no.. not interested. If it sells now fine, if it does not then that is fine. I am not in a forced sale situation.

A lot of watchers (I suspect mainly from this site or RVOC members) and over 1,000 page lookers so far.

Anyway... just an up date on that 23'9' european size RV.

It will be at Rutland Water from Sunday so even if you want to be nosey and have a look at an smaller RV come along and have a look. Not in the hard sells ... No this is soft sell to date:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:Blush:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
funny you should say that Chris.....

try ebay bob that sometimes works:thumb:

Never thought of that Chris... or did I:RollEyes: .. yes it has 29 watchers and well over 1000 page lookers.

But cannot beat the best promotors in town ... you lot on MHF:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Nuffink sells on ebay....:Sad:

Trust me... :ROFLMAO:

Of course it does Mo, just sold a trailer. :roflmto:

Sorry could not talk Jane round with your RV even at £29000. :whatthe: What a bargain 07 dual fuel triple slide. :Doh: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Are you going to get a European van Bob?

I guess it would make sense.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Never thought of that Chris... or did I:RollEyes: .. yes it has 29 watchers and well over 1000 page lookers.

But cannot beat the best promotors in town ... you lot on MHF:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mine had 38 watchers....

21 Funsters. & 11 RVOC = 6... potential buyers....

That didn`t buy.... :cry::ROFLMAO:

And mine is just over 30ft long and with the trailer it is over 47 footsies long...

And I very rarely put that horribly expensive petrol in... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If it sells it sells, if it dont some one is losing out on the bargain of a lifetime.. a triple slide, 2007 Model & Registered, spacious economical (Proper) RV... :thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
i think MHF has a sister site called RVOC i think its about RV'S try it on there bob:Smile:

I did........................

And it dont work on there either.............................. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think anything over 7 years old....

Next step.........

Scrappy`s............................... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Have you got a link to the advert Mo?

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Mo if I was after an RV I would have been for a look as your looks lovely.

No I think Bob is not going eurovan he is buying a furniture van with a front caravan conversion I forgot what they call them:ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I`m not sure if this will still open now it has finished..

Give it a try.. ebay = Item number: 300733051160

:thumb:

Mo, I'm astounded that you got no bids, that is a lot of motorhome at such a good price :Eeek:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Mo, I'm astounded that you got no bids, that is a lot of motorhome at such a good price :Eeek:

Non more so than me Jim....

Did have a silly offer after it finished... but that`s what it was a really silly offer..:Eeek::Angry:

I think it is a sign of the times, and unfortunately will get worse long before things get better.. :Sad:

Looks like I shall be taking it to the next "Funsters" rally in :RollEyes::RollEyes:

Where are we going to next winter Jim...?
:winky:::bigsmile:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
surly at 23'9" it cant be a real proper yank winnebago :thumbdown: it must be a heinz badged as winnebago. :Doh:

now smudgers on the other hand at 39 feet long is a proper winnebago :winky::moon::moon:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I wonder if the dealer is reading this thread. Probably,::bigsmile: so keep saying that your not too bothered about selling and he might up his offer. Or he might read between the lines as I have and realise how desperate you are to sell and get your hands on that nice new toy hauler::bigsmile:

Its definately not me! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
So Bob are you now open to offers ? or are you sticking out for 34k firm ? On the other hand Old mo's is 6 ft longer with LPG and triple slide out's 2 yrs newer and at 17,000 mls is 3,000 mls less and 5 k cheaper :Smile: You keep telling us they are a lot better spec than Euro boxes so why have you had to spend 14k on extras ::bigsmile:There must be a grand of extras just by filling the fuel tank ::bigsmile:
terry
sorry bob could not resist ::bigsmile:

Last edited:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
The reality is that the 2012 "brand new motorhomes" are being very well discounted by some dealers to make way for some wonderful and not so wonderful 2013 models that are just about to come out, if they havent already.

The motorhome we have just purchased was originally advertised at 37k and to us it was a very real bargain for what we paid for it - far less than the first advertised price and less than what I could afford to pay for sloberdoberbobs.

Our purchase has everything we need but admittedly is 2ft longer than we are allowed but we will battle the council till we win and have about 2 years in which to do so.

The fact is that there are lots of motorhomes in the 25-35k range that have finance on them - and most novices with money to spend will avoid them.

The other fact is that everyone wants a bargain and wants something that they feel is good value for money.

When manufacturers lower the price on what newcomers to motorhomes believe, rightly or wrongly are "new motorhomes" whether they are last year or this years models, with very low mileage and/or delivery mileage, this has a knock on effect to the whole market

We had ridiculously low offers from dealers on our motorhome. We have also had people view who just havent had a clue and taken time to explain to them what to look for and what to avoid, how to spot damp etc etc. Okay ours is a 1990 its far from perfect and not lez complaint but it will suit someone, we also had offers of swaps, unfortunately although some were lovely, they were not LEZ complaint.

The new purchasers of our motorhome were not "completely green" but fairly new to motorhoming so we have purchased a whole load of new stuff for them, because we remember what it was like taking the first step on the rung of that ladder.

They also have our mobile and email contacts in case they have any problems and if we were ripping them off we wouldnt do that for them. We've given them insurance contacts, and details of clubs including motorhome fun

I know I am going to cry when our motorhome is driven away by its new owners tomorrow

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
So Bob are you now open to offers ? or are you sticking out for 34k firm ? On the other hand Old mo's is 6 ft longer with LPG and triple slide out's 2 yrs newer and at 17,000 mls is 3,000 mls less and 5 k cheaper :Smile: You keep telling us they are a lot better spec than Euro boxes so why have you had to spend 14k on extras ::bigsmile:There must be a grand of extras just by filling the fuel tank ::bigsmile:
terry
sorry bob could not resist ::bigsmile:

I suggest you look at the ebay advert and see the list of extras... there are many.

I am not saying my RV is better than Mo's or anyone that has one for sale. I am pushing the fact it is european size at 23'9" long. Those that know me and know my vehicle are aware just what it has on board. Remember this is a 'turn key' sale that means it rolls as is and even has full fuel tanks and LPG.. that is £500 alone.

Some of the main extras are the VanBitz Strike back alarm system with extras.... the Sterling Inverter (power combo charger) which is a pure sin wave (not the cheaper modified type) and 1500 watts... there is a Dome NETA satellite TV system with a 26" mains TV and separate matched DVD player. but as I say look at the advert if you are interested... well over 1,000 page turns on the advert and a lot of watchers.

The dealer that has been in touch and is negotiating is not Peter of JCM - he would not know what to do with an RV even at 23'9" .. the dealer in question I have dealt with before.. he knows the RV and he I suspect is acting for someone else. He made a silly low bid but has come up to the figure I started at if you recall £32k which is what I will not go a penny below.

I listed it at £34k allowing myself to be able to do a deal if need be. I need a certain amount to go to the replacement vehicle. In fact ebay allows for bids to be rejected automatically at certain figures.. while they are recorded so I can see them... they are refused and I do not have to concern myself with those with champaign taste and lemonade money, or idiots trying it on or trying to waste my time.

Bob:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
surly at 23'9" it cant be a real proper yank winnebago :thumbdown: it must be a heinz badged as winnebago. :Doh:

now smudgers on the other hand at 39 feet long is a proper winnebago :winky::moon::moon:

No it is not just badged it is a Winnebago factory made RV. available as a 23D and the 26D.. the Griff's Clive and Rhian had the 26' version but sold it last year.

The vehicle is on the E350 super duty ford chassis .. Mo's is on the E450 super ford chassis

These chassis are really built for this kind of use and many many American RV's are based on them. There is only one Winnebago and other an a few odd ball Mercedes Sprinter van conversions that build from chassis up... this is on of the chassis built up... if anyone took the time to look at the Winnebago site there are links to all the wiring diagrams for all the models they make and also the plumbing runs.... few sites give so much information to owners.

The 23'9" was built the same way as Derek's 39' in the same factory.

Bob

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I suggest you look at the ebay advert and see the list of extras... there are many.

I am not saying my RV is better than Mo's or anyone that has one for sale. I am pushing the fact it is european size at 23'9" long. Those that know me and know my vehicle are aware just what it has on board. Remember this is a 'turn key' sale that means it rolls as is and even has full fuel tanks and LPG.. that is £500 alone.

Some of the main extras are the VanBitz Strike back alarm system with extras.... the Sterling Inverter (power combo charger) which is a pure sin wave (not the cheaper modified type) and 1500 watts... there is a Dome NETA satellite TV system with a 26" mains TV and separate matched DVD player. but as I say look at the advert if you are interested... well over 1,000 page turns on the advert and a lot of watchers.

The dealer that has been in touch and is negotiating is not Peter of JCM - he would not know what to do with an RV even at 23'9" .. the dealer in question I have dealt with before.. he knows the RV and he I suspect is acting for someone else. He made a silly low bid but has come up to the figure I started at if you recall £32k which is what I will not go a penny below.

I listed it at £34k allowing myself to be able to do a deal if need be. I need a certain amount to go to the replacement vehicle. In fact ebay allows for bids to be rejected automatically at certain figures.. while they are recorded so I can see them... they are refused and I do not have to concern myself with those with champaign taste and lemonade money, or idiots trying it on or trying to waste my time.

Bob:thumb:

Hi Bob,nice sales pitch (again)::bigsmile:yes I know it's a euro size yank ::bigsmile:I also remember you started asking for 32k all in,but then it went up at 34 and 32 without the extras :Eeek::winky: Hence my post saying if yougot offeed 31.5 would you refuse ?You then came back saying you had a price at 32 firm not a penny less :winky:
I do sincerely hope both you and Mo sell you RVs -they both sound very nice :thumb: it is just when you say firm I think you should consider the offers :winky:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back