Rally Chat Musical Meets 2015 (1 Viewer)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sorry Jim, you need to have a word with God Howie ... looks like we need at least fifteen months in a year to fit all these fabulous festivals into our itinerary. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
We would be interested in a festival I dont have any links to any but would love to go to one so please keep us informed many thanks jan and mike.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Must admit I quite fancy attending the Upton Blues Festival next year.
I think it's highly likely we'll be there again next year. Apart from giving us the chance to meet up with relatives in the area, all the music venues are absolutely free. Fantastic relaxed atmosphere.

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
I'm thinking of heading 'oop north for Whitby Sea Festival, 10-12 july

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Latitudes, its like a mini Glastonbury, Henham park near Southwold Suffolk. Some top acts, our son performed this year in his band Horse party.
Really friendly festival.
16/19th July
Phil

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We'll be going to Beautiful Days again without a doubt but the campervan field there is what you normally expect at a music festival so no chance of holding a rally. If anyone else is going it should be easy enough to meet up for a drink or six (y)

D

DM14742

Deleted User
We'll be going to Beautiful Days again without a doubt but the campervan field there is what you normally expect at a music festival so no chance of holding a rally. If anyone else is going it should be easy enough to meet up for a drink or six (y)
I think that's a draw back with most Festivals certainly the medium to large ones getting a Rally area would be very difficult to achieve and trying to time it convoy style so you got on together would also be very hard. The smaller ones such as the New Forest where there is still capacity for more people would I guess be more receptive to sectioning an area off if that was Jim's intention in his original post.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm hoping to tap into some local knowledge for events around the country. We only need a field or a school playground etc near an event. A tap and a manhole will do us (y)

Deleted User
The Loopallu Festival in Ullapool is fabulous, great fun and in a very beautiful part of the world too! Next years dates are 25th and 26th September.
Go to www.loopallu.co.uk and have a look at the video clips of previous events.
The festival has included acts such as Paulo Nautini, Mumford and Sons, The Stranglers, Franz Ferdinand, The View, Echo and the Bunnymen, Hayseed Dixie, Frightened Rabbit, Alabama 3, Family Mahone, Larrikin Love, Saw Doctors, King Creosote, Red Hot Chilli Pipers, Kid British, Lightening Seeds, Pearl and the Puppets, and many more including local bands.

Lorraine x
Haven't been to the Loopallu festival but have been to the Feis Rois in Ullapool which is more to do with traditional music. I believe for the Loopallu festival the whole of the Ullapool campsite is taken over and you can only get on it if you are attending the festival.
A great advantage of being in Ullapool area is the fantastic scenery, particularly when you venture north to the Assynt area or the beach at Achiltibuie. Not sure how large motorhomes would cope with the road to Achiltibuie.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I saw a post on the MCC Facebook page saying that the Severn Valley Group does not have a rally at Upton Blues Festival in 2015. No reason given but whilst we were down there this year I did hear a rumour that the price demanded for use of the field was being raised significantly.

It looks like it will be the main field for us if we go.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Not quite 2015 but the 4 Tops Boxing Day Benidorm Palace lol staggering distance from La Torreta and all down hill,
Great thread and lots of input, will keep watching this
Dave

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Heard very good reports of the Under the Stars Festival held near Barnsley, which friends with vans went to this year. Dates for 2015 are 24-26 July. As it's a farm, unfortunately no pets allowed. Seems to be a project of Kate Rusby's...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back