Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
We are off to France and Spain in January and my Dearly Beloved likes to listen to music all the way!!

I, on the other hand, being a BOF, prefer to drive quite happily in relative peace and quiet.

Question; if I download the app TuneIn radio to my phone I think I can Bluetooth it to a earpiece which is also Bluetooth and she can listen all the way. When I am in France or Spain will it cost me to have the phone on continuously either in minutes or data usage as this method could be horribly expensive.

Or have you any other ideas?

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Sing to her - she may quickly decide that peace & quiet is preferable.

(sorry, not techy enough to have a sensible suggestion - somebody will be along soon as you know...)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yes, you will be charged data use.. And at the rate they charge until next year it would probably be cheaper for you to hire a small orchestra and set them up in the back !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
cydersyd

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Thank you Jaws. So would it be better to download music on to the phone somehow. Would that also cost?

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
I brought a couple of 32 G iPods ( eBay) cheap! stuffed them full of my old CD collection and a few from friends and relatives,
Now I can now get six solid days of music through my radio Aux in socket, if you don't have that then a small earphone / headset would do,

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
If you have a slot for a memory card on your phone, find out the maximum memory-size card it will take and buy a cheap one from Amazon or similar. Load it up with music and yr set, yr phone should have a media player already installed. Tunein data costs would be very very expensive abroad. If you need any help just let me know what make n model phone you have. Hope this helps. Paul

Oct 17, 2014
London
Funster No
MH
Possl Roadcruiser PVC
Exp
Since 2011
As SMB above says - assuming your phone will take a memory card, get the right one, load it and she can use headphones. I do similar on mine - I've got 5 32GB microSD cards which hold my entire music collection and can either listen via phones, or by bluetooth through the van radio and speakers.

OP
OP
cydersyd

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Thanks SMB and Hughman, that sounds like the best idea.

I don't have the phone with me at the moment but I think there is a micro sd card slot in it but I can't remember.

If it does it will be the way to go

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Or have you any other ideas?

Every scrap of music we own has been ripped to a hard drive then transferred to memory sticks or MP3 player.

A good pair of headphones and MP3 player would buy you peace. Not much cost compared to the benefits.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
You may be interested in the solution we use for our 5 year old daughter. We have a 1TB wireless hard disk drive, on this we have all of the DVD's and many music CD's "ripped". The device has an onboard DLNA server (for the non techie, this means that devices like iPods will play music and film).
The device sets up its own WiFi hotspot, you then connect the device, plug headphones into child, and everyone is happy :)
We have a Seagate GoFlex, which I upgraded to 1TB, but there are others that come with 1TB out of the box.
Here is a link to the Seagate product page, it explains more:
Broken Link Removed

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
I pod.....I too listen to music on a journey. I have hundreds of hours on my I Pod classic. It's lightweight, portable and a total music library. :D

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
" Ipods with 3 years worth of music and a year of podcasts.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
If you don't have a stack of music ready ripped, one alternative is to set up a SPOTIFY account for £10 and download the music to your phone. You can then play the music offline for a month, cancel the subscription, job done(y) (note: you do not own the music, you just access it for a month)

I believe Spotify are giving 2 months free at the moment if you sign up for Premium:) I have used Spotify for years, it's very good (currently use the free version coz I can stream on unlimited data)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back