Rally 'Music & Mechanicals' meet 1st - 4th July 2016 - Bubble Car Museum, Nr Langrick, South Lincs (1 Viewer)

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Hi Simon ,The chairs belong to the musicians ,the girl who played and parked behind yourself, and the lad who came on his bike. Placed there during the heavy rain lol.

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Finally, after a diversion to Hartlepool & a seeming mountain of work in the few working days I've had in the last fortnight - a financial summary.

The drop in numbers in the last few days leading up the meet had left the finances looking a bit shaky - a small loss appeared to be on the cards. But the site move brought several bonuses. The lack of a marquee could have been a problem if the numbers hadn't dropped, especially as the weather was not kind to us on the Friday & Saturday. But as it turned out, we all fitted into the clubhouse & the overall cost at the airfield was less than at the museum. There were two added bonuses on top - Chris rounded the total camping fee down a bit & we had a donation from a funster that pushed the total up a bit more. (y)

As a result I'm pleased to report a surplus that is slightly more than my original budget. (y) As I said in the first post in this thread, any surplus would be donated to the MS Society, in the hope that it helps them not only support current sufferers, but contributes towards research to find both the causes of the disease & hopefully a cure for future sufferers. Those of you who were at the meet will be aware of just some of the problems it causes.

On your behalf, I have forwarded the sum of £50 to the MS Society. In the comment box that goes with the donation, I explained that it came from a Music meet of Motorhome Fun & included our site URL. Their automated email in response is attached.

Can I add my personal thanks for your support of the MS Society. :thanks3:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• MS Donate.pdf
    61.5 KB · Views: 13

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Glad it all worked out Simon, we both enjoyed it and thought the venue was great if the weather had been good the music would have been al fresco so no need for a marquee. Hope it's there next year! Have a great summer both of you.:sun:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
@TheCaller.

Simon, many thanks for the summary. (y) We've been to The Bubble Car Museum's old place, but not their newer location, however, I do understand that it is out in the sticks a bit, very much like their last place was.

For Rita and I, the Boston Aero Club was an excellent location, and we were made so welcome there. We would be keen to support another Music & Mechanics meet held there, and hopefully raising that fifty quid by a substantial amount.
The only downside was the size of the club house, but on this occasion, we managed. Use of their hangar would be a bonus, depending upon numbers attending. Not sure what it woud do for the accoustics though. ;)

On behalf of Rita and I, thanks again to you and Jane, and to your friends and band members who turned up to entertain us all. (y)

Cheers for now,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thanks for the info Simon. Another vote here for the location as everything was close to hand and the air folk couldn't have made us more welcome.

We loved the music & dancing, amazing to watch and enjoy:).

The Autoglass guys who use it as a base were an added bonus, as was the Red Arrows fly past and the pilots being happy to take people up for flights was the cherry on the top:D

Here's to next year
:cheers:
Les & Deb

Edit: just re read that....not the Red Arrows pilots..obviously:rolleyes: :LOL:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks for the update from us too Simon. Good to hear you werent out of pocket and made a small profit for charity.

We will all need to dig a little deeper next year and come along with some extra £1coins. I can always help you extract them.;)

Another vote for the same location please.

Wirh regards to shelter Jim has 2 event shelters that funsters can use. How you would get them there though I dont know...via funsters I guess.

If anyone ever is unsure of running a meet and being out of pocket then email Jim and he will make up the shortfall. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back