MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Currently Sam Smith, George Ezra

Same here, love the George Ezra album.

also Bette Midler "It's The Girls"
Status Quo "Aqoustic"
and I will listed to 80's music all day long.

I also want to get the Gregory Porter "Liquid Spirit" album as the tracks I've heard I've liked - for our next trip perhaps.

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
My current in-car sounds are albums by my favourite artist (who most of you will never have heard of) - Arjen Lucassen. He is a Dutch musician/composer who has been around for years without getting the recognition he deserves in the UK. Fans of prog rock will almost certainly like his music.

This is a track from his most recent album, under the band name "Gentle Storm"

OP
OP
I
Jan 20, 2015
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacar 454
Exp
Since 2013
Nice to see that we ar not overrun with the " all modern music is rubbish " brigade , the selections are all very interesting and varied with some surprises . Little or no C and W music listed surely all you good old boys are not that embarrassed about your music ,let's be hearing from you .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
I
Jan 20, 2015
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacar 454
Exp
Since 2013
Just a quick comment , I don't like jazz either . Pretentious rubbish .

OP
OP
I
Jan 20, 2015
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacar 454
Exp
Since 2013
My current in-car sounds are albums by my favourite artist (who most of you will never have heard of) - Arjen Lucassen. He is a Dutch musician/composer who has been around for years without getting the recognition he deserves in the UK. Fans of prog rock will almost certainly like his music.

This is a track from his most recent album, under the band name "Gentle Storm"

Very Steeleye Span , 70s prog .

Mick James

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Brechin
Funster No
MH
Swift royale 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
John Denver. Play lots of oldies too. Like me heavy rock, as in Led Zep, Purple, Heep, Groundhogs etc. Dont headbang anymore, just a gentle nod these days :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don Williams, Dolly Parton, Neil Diamond, Eagles, Simon & Garfunkel, Rhydian (X-factor), Queen ... also listen to Radio 2 and like Ken Bruce's show and also Jeremy Vine (it was hilarious when they were doing some brick-laying and he was trying to do a show about it ... scraping the trowel on the bricks etc!), gone off Steve Wright a bit as he doesn't seems to 'listen' to his guests which is rude.

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Although we both like 50's an 60'd music we also like Brass, Jazz as well as Classical. Music of the moment is from Andre Rieu and his orchestra.
When we get desperate we listen to our mate Tim Pitman, a Pop and Classical singer from down the road. Fantastic voice, particularly his cover of Roy Orbison numbers.

Catch him on You Tube singing Nessum Dorma a few years ago when I use to film him.

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Mario lanza
Jim reeves
Demis roussus
Roger Whittaker
Daniel O'Donnell

If any one needs a copy let me know and I will lend these tapes.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Just a quick comment , I don't like jazz either . Pretentious rubbish .

That's like saying all prog is pretentious rubbish. Or all classical music.

Miles Davis is jazz.
Gregory Porter is jazz.
Humphrey Littleton is jazz.
Jamie Cullum is jazz.
Louis Armstrong is jazz.
Go Go Penguin is jazz.
John Coltraine...
George Melley...

They're all different.

Jazz != "Fast Show" Jazz Club all the time

louisbalfourjazzclub-nice.jpg

OP
OP
I
Jan 20, 2015
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacar 454
Exp
Since 2013
Lend them , you could not give them away wrapped in a fifty pound note .

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
Country music mainly for me....Hank Williams, Gram Parsons, Gary Stewart, George Jones etc. Also love 50's, 60's, 70's. Very fond of British 60's singer, Adam Faith. Roy Orbison is hard to beat also. Gene Pitney, Eagles, ELO, Fleetwood Mac etc. Have complete Buddy Holly on USB ready to rock!....Roxy Music, Crosby Stills and Nash, Neil Young......you get the picture...

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
I love all sorts of music and still listen to Radio 1 during the day, I think they need something between Radio 1 and 2 that doesn't have dj's like Ken Bruce and Jeremy Vine!
To keep the peace we usually end up listening to Heart although the adverts drive me mad
Favourite music at the mo would be Mumford and Sons, James Bae, love Coldplay and The Foo Fighters, there's not much I won't listen to, older stuff would include Fleetwood Mac, Bruce Springsteen, also like Johhny Cash for some reason!

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Nice to see that we ar not overrun with the " all modern music is rubbish " brigade , the selections are all very interesting and varied with some surprises . Little or no C and W music listed surely all you good old boys are not that embarrassed about your music ,let's be hearing from you .
We really love Country music. Not so keen on the old standards, but the new stuff is great, particularly like Toby Keith and Alan Jackson among others. We usually just have the radio on, but Ron gets mad with all the talking, why can't they just play music etc etc....
I love all kinds of music and I suppose it just depends what mood I'm in. I know if Ron is mad at me because he will make me listen to John Bloody Denver! :madder:

OP
OP
I
Jan 20, 2015
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacar 454
Exp
Since 2013
I'm a big fan of Willie Nelson , Nancy Griffith .

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
Nancy Griffiths is excellent....You may like Iris DeMent also? As Gerri mentioned, Alan Jackson is on the list, Dwight Yoakam etc. Rockabilly is always good to listen too.....Anyone here remember 70's Welsh Rockabilly band " Crazy Cavan and the Rhythm Rockers " ? Early Bowie, Cat Stevens, T Rex, Thin Lizzy etc......Love all kinds of music really.....just dont do Rap...Cant hack that crap!

OP
OP
I
Jan 20, 2015
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacar 454
Exp
Since 2013
Nancy Griffiths is excellent....You may like Iris DeMent also? As Gerri mentioned, Alan Jackson is on the list, Dwight Yoakam etc. Rockabilly is always good to listen too.....Anyone here remember 70's Welsh Rockabilly band " Crazy Cavan and the Rhythm Rockers " ? Early Bowie, Cat Stevens, T Rex, Thin Lizzy etc......Love all kinds of music really.....just dont do Rap...Cant hack that crap!
Really like Iris De Ment , have a few of her albums . I would also recommend Mary Gauthier. My taste in C and W is more to the old stuff , Hank Williams etc .

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
What do you listen to when driving or late at night ?
I listen to Channel Wife Nag. Not by choice, but her ON/OFF button snapped years ago. :(:(:(:(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back