Mushy peas.. love 'em (1 Viewer)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Just bought my carlins and a ham shank today for Carlin Sunday (22/03/15) They are mushy peas on steroids. Carlin Sunday, Farting Monday as the saying goes in these parts :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I love Mushy peas, but was put off market stall bought ones a lotta years ago when I went to buy some and saw the seller pour the remains of a bowlful someone had left , back into the tub of peas bubbling on the stove!
I do eat them again now, but only self made or tinned ones.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I buy my mushy peas pre soaked In a bag, and frozen from Asda or sainsburys. All you do is add water, simmer, and after about 20 mins they start to go from a pea to mush. Proper chippy style. Not like squashed up process tinned peas. Very nice. We love them with my home made meat n tattie pie mmmmmmmm

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Many years ago I used to sell bags of presoaked peas and the slogan on the bags was ( For mealtime ease eat Hattons peas) that was in Nottingham.
Alan

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I buy my mushy peas pre soaked In a bag, and frozen from Asda or sainsburys.

great idea.. but rather than buy frozen.. I will soak and cook a whole bag, then put into snack size pots and freeze..

ready to defrost and heat in microwave..

sound idea ?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Finally got round to making home made mushy peas for the first time. Absolutely brilliant (y)(y) Nowt but peas, water and a little pepper. Taste & consistency spot on (y)(y)

200g made a portion each plus one over to go in the freezer for later (possibly on sausage sandwiches instead of peas pudding).

We cooked a piece of gammon in the slow cooker at the weekend and kept the liquor plus there is a little meat left. I've got some more peas soaking overnight and it will all go in the slow cooker with some water, onions and (of course) carrot tomorrow to make some delicious pea soup (y)(y)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Must be me but we always soaked our own and bagged/frozen them (y)Since Ann died I now take the easy way out and simply buy tinned from ALDI @ 15P PER TIN THEY TASTE GOOD ESPECIALLY WHEN COVERED IN SALT,PEPPER AND VINEGAR :D
TERRY
That's it!!off to aldi first thing tomorrow morning . I can't take it anymore.:Eeek:

Roberto21

Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Northants
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 680 fb
Exp
Since 2013
Boil half a bag of frozen garden peas with 2 peeled cloves of garlic , add 2 tablespoons of Creme fraish blitz in blender to a coarse paste, season and enjoy
Add mint sauce for sheer bliss

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Boil half a bag of frozen garden peas with 2 peeled cloves of garlic , add 2 tablespoons of Creme fraish blitz in blender to a coarse paste, season and enjoy
Add mint sauce for sheer bliss
Too bloody right. Needs a bit o' mint sauce :)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Love them.. but Jan and Chaz won't touch them.. so I hadn't made for ages..

Took the notion and bought a bag yesterday and steeped half overnight and cooked today.. jezzzz I forgot how much the swell.. I'll be eating for a week.. :ROFLMAO:

yum yum.. :D
download (1).jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back