Murcia Trip (1 Viewer)

Aug 30, 2010
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 772f Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
Hi off to Bolnuevo Spain next week just wondered if all you experienced teams out there have any advice/ do's and don'ts/routes etc.
Have motorhomed in France several times but never down into Spain before:Cool:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
I dont know the area you are going, but dont stop for unmarked Police cars etc, the crooks try all sorts to get in to your van pretending to look for drugs, also dont tow on an A frame the real Police are pulling you over and making your co driver use the tow car, friends of ours got done last year for a 250 euro fine, others got robbed by bogus Police they stopped for an unmarked car because they where towing and got done on the way down to La Manga, other than being careful enjoy Spain we go every year and have had no probs. Pete

Ps you will find the Spanish motorways a lot cheaper to use than in France.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Yes if someone passes you and gets your attention indicating something is wrong with your outfit keep going to the next services - even if you think it could be police. Do not pull in on the side of the road.Make sure you do not leave anything of the slightest value on view when parking your vehicle up.
Have to say that the majority of crime committed in Spain on the main coastal routes and towns is not by Spanish but by Eastern Europeans, and it appears to be getting a more common occurrence to those that are not wary.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Be watchful at junctions & roundabouts. Most Spanish drivers are totally unaware of their indicators and never use them. :shout:

If somebody indicates when exiting a roundabout you can bet they will be a foreigner.:thumb:

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
Hi off to Bolnuevo Spain next week just wondered if all you experienced teams out there have any advice/ do's and don'ts/routes etc.
Have motorhomed in France several times but never down into Spain before:Cool:

i was in spain last week [not in motorhome] and i did stop at alicante seafront area as you leave towards airport. several motorhomes parked up on dunes next to sea,plenty of space looks like used overnighters to.

perhaps someone has more experience here and can comment.

enjoy your trip

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi many try to stop on those sands by the urbanisation .police regularly move them on . but park in the urbanisation is ok. been staying there for years even when they were building it . the next urbanisation as street taps for drinking water. we park right under the runway in the urbanisation you can almost touch the huge planes . . big nudist beach seperates the two urbanisations but not alot to look at in winter .
anyway its nice around porta de mazarron , lots nice beaches . was a good park up at perchelas but guardia get heavy if you stop there now . there is a few wild spots .

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Are you going to stay at Playa de Mazarron campsite?
It should be reasonably quiet in September but fills up 1 October with the overwinter people and it is very crowded then as the pitches are very close together.
We have stayed there in september and it was fine but I wouldn't want to be there october onwards.
Straight onto lovely sandy beach and a short stroll into the village which has nurmerous restaurants and bars plus supermarket that sells everything you would ever need and more.
Hope you enjoy:Cool:

OP
OP
scholesman
Aug 30, 2010
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 772f Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
Many thanks to you all for your valuable info, yes it is Playa de Mazarron campsite I'm heading for.:thanks2:

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
Good campsite Los Madriles Isla Plana lovely area short distance from Mazzaron. We were there 2 years ago this month. In my opinion best site in area. Excellent bar and restaurant Elliot's in Bolneuvo best fish n chips outside of Blighty. Got me thinking might go back this year. Have a safe trip.

BobnLin:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back