Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 on/off
The designer of my Italian converted Mercedes motorhome went to a great deal of trouble to ensure the electrical system had adequately specified cable of correct cross-sectional area for the expected current flow, that the conductor was terminated in a suitable connector to mate precisely with the installed equipments; problem is he left it to some complete Muppet in San Gimignano to make connection with the Düsseldorf vehicle electrical system. The correctly terminated earth lugs required an 8mm stud not a self-tapping screw and the split-charge positive, direct connection to the vehicle battery not a twisted wire joint secured by a cable-tie in the Mercedes fusebox! With a minimal amount of re-work, leisure battery charge current has jumped from :h:A and unhappy fridge clicking in/out to 18A+ reliable charge and dependable ice supply for me G&T :thumb:.

(the joint was at least wrapped in tape!)

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
regrettably not an uncommon standard of workmanship from the CI plant:Sad:

OP
OP
G

G8WVW

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 on/off
My charge from the alternator to the leisure batteries is not great either. Was this connection under the seat?

It is. Dodgy earth under passenger seat; dodgy 'live' under the driver's seat. Re-routed live to the battery where it should be. Cheers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
In the eyes of your insurers will this constitute as a conversion from standard :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back