Multimo Sat Dish

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by Stewart J, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Stewart J

Stewart J Funster

Seriously impressed with this dish on its first outing, far north of Scotland, no TV coverage whatsoever (Loch Eriboll) tuned dish within a couple of minutes, beats my old system clarting (Geordie word translation meaning a time consuming awkward set up) about with a tripod and tools.

In order to reduce clutter carried was thinking of a suction mount for the Multimo Sat dish, Glomex seems to be one anyone any experiences or other recommendations and suppliers. (I'd want to stick it onto roof via skylight for added security)

Stewart

2. JJ

JJ Funster

A super dish the Multimo.... had one for years... threw away the tripod, found it useless, but the suction mount I got from RoadPro is excellent...

JJ :Cool:

3. EthnGeoff

EthnGeoff Funster

I have a Multimo and use it as you do, through the skylight onto the roof. Problem I find is removing the satellite finder and reconnecting the arial without disturbing the dish. Maybe this suction mount you mention could be the answer.
    Geoff.

4. freelanderuk

freelanderuk Read Only Funster

could you not put the sat finder at the box end , i do and have no problem finding the sattellites

5. EthnGeoff

EthnGeoff Funster

Yes I've tried that Chris, but it can be somewhat fiddly due to the snug fit of our digibox in its storage space and it tends to become a 2 person task seeing whats going on at the finder end whilst I am standing on the table with my top half squeezed through the rooflight. (I do envy those people with a dome)

6. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

EthnGeoff....Make your self a short cable with the "F" plugs on both ends so it comes inside the motorhome roof light. connect one end to your dish and one end to the sat finder...then your other cable to your sat finder to your receiver (it tells you on the sat finder which side to connect too)...set the sat finder going...when you have found the sat required turn sat finder knob anticlockwise till off or no sound leave it on coupled up....(so you want it just inside the roof light out of the weather and to allow the roof light to shut)....Job Done...:thumb:....if you was closer to me I would have given you a couple of "F" plugs a small piece of cable..:thumb:

Mel

• Like Like x 1
  7. keith

keith Funster

This may not work if you are way down South as the sat. finder will pinch too much signal, I know as I tried it in S Spain.

To solve that use two F connectors as above then it's simple then to remove the sat finder and use an F connector adapter to join connectors together.

[​IMG]

Use one of these & no signal loss.

8. alan

alan Funster

Multimo

I travel with a multimo and I have it fixed to a pole on the ladder rack, easy to setup and never have to keep taking it down and putting it up
    Alan

9. keith

keith Funster

Only if your van has a ladder. :Doh:

10. alan

alan Funster

ladder rack