Multimo Sat Dish (New Sky footprint) (1 Viewer)

Biggles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2009
Hi All

How has the new Sky footprint affected users of the Multimo Dish?

Thanks

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
It will be better coverage than before in the UK, when we get back we only use a cheap aldi suitcase dish, I did have a arcon similar to the multimo and very easy to set up.:thumb:

But outside the UK I would say you need bigger. :whatthe: Bob.

chrissyvine

Free Member
Feb 15, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1992
Satellite Tv in Spain

Campers in Denia, Spain managed to get some tv programmes with their Multimo dish by connecting to Astra 1 but no-one now gets BBC or ITV on Astra 2E unless they have minimum dish of 1.2 metre and even larger in South. I have a roof mounted Oyster and a Freesat box and get Sky and CNN news plus some CBS channels + Pick. The new satellite has a twin beam and all main channels have switched to the Uk beam. Only the Northern part of France will pick up on the UK beam, South of this we are on the Pan European beam and have very limited TV coverage now. Internet companies are already starting to offer packages for ex-pats living here as UK TV via the Internet is now the only option in most of Europe. :

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Biggles

Biggles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2009
So, just how far South and East will the standard Multimo work with a Sky subscription? For the foreseeable future (this is on the boat) the furthest north and East would be the Netherlands and East Belgium. I suspect it will work fine there but as we move South, this is where I see the problem.

The reason I ask is because I am thinking of getting a duel LNB for the boat and using the single LNB one on the MH as we move about.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Campers in Denia, Spain managed to get some tv programmes with their Multimo dish by connecting to Astra 1 but no-one now gets BBC or ITV on Astra 2E unless they have minimum dish of 1.2 metre and even larger in South.
A well aligned 80/85cm dish should just about get BBC ITVs in Denia - I can in Gandia.
A 90x100cm dish will also be on the limit in the Valencia / Costa Blanca North area
a 100x110cm dish is fine in the Valencia / Costa Blanca North area

You should be able to get all channels on Astra 1s on a 60cm dish - as Astra 1s are designed for European coverage.

Only the Northern part of France will pick up on the UK beam
Depends on the size of dish and where you are.

, South of this we are on the Pan European beam and have very limited TV coverage now.
The European beam carries many of the less popular free channels (true movies etc) and many of the SKy pay channels. But no BBC ITV C4s Fives.

, Internet companies are already starting to offer packages for ex-pats living here as UK TV via the Internet is now the only option in most of Europe. :

They have been offering them for a year plus - many on the basis of lots of BS - including saying NO UK TV at all in all of Spain - ignoring the fact that based on Astra 2F we kind of knew there would still be some coverage in Spain - and even today, even when we can still receive UK TV on a well aligned 90x100cm dish, they continue with their BS to sell their lower quality internet systems...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back