Free Member
May 1, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004
Hi we are going to Mull in June. Does anyone know of any good spots where we won't bother anyone?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just about anywhere on Mull away from the villages.

you could try here for one........but its been quite a few years (30) since i was there and things may have changed.

Calgary Bay, Nr Dervaig (North West Mull)

This is one of the Inner Hebridean island�s must-sees, with its sweeping silver sands and craggy headlands - home to a rich variety of birdlife and the haunting ruins of abandoned villages. It is located on the north west of Mull about 5 miles beyond Dervaig. A broad area of machair lies between the land and the beach. There is car parking, public toilets and also a Wild Camping area. Visit the Friends of Calgary Bay web site

Link Removed

OP
OP
Mykonos

Mykonos

Free Member
May 1, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004
Thanks for the info pappajohn. We visited Mull several years ago but on a motorcycle. We are looking foward to our visit.
Mick & Pat

:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
There are a couple of places along the south shore of Loch Na Keal where you can pull off (under the shoulder of Ben More). Also a very simple campsite at Kiliechronan at the head of the loch - it's quite cheap. From there you can watch the White Tailed Eagles that have a nest in the pines above the north shore.
There is also a campsite at Fidden Farm just south of Fionnphort at the end of the Ross - spectacular coastline and views over the sound to Iona.
Calgary Bay free campsite is still going but really only suitable for tents and small campervans. There are big boulders at the entrance now that make it hard for larger motorhomes to get in - I think there is a size limit in the site regulations. You can use the public toilets here though which are kept in good order by the locals. We have dumped the Thetford there, but ensure you are not using chemicals if you decide to do this (we have a SOG).
We have found it easier to free camp in the west / south rather than the north of the island.

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
We'll be there in June too so may see you there?:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Don't go there !

I was at Calgary Bay a couple of years ago ! I t has been taken over by yoofs camping, making loud noises and leaving litter all around, The toilets there are a positive health hazard !! I would not return....But !! a lot can happen in a couple of years ! :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back