Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
We had a tyre blow out on the M20 about 20 minutes after leaving the tunnel. As well as damage to the flooring, we lost the offside mud flap, and when the van was in for a service I wanted it to be replaced. The mechanic said Mud Flaps are not necessary and are not available from Peugeot he said I should just cut up a piece of rubber if I want to replace it.
Are they really not needed? the Van seems to pick up more dirt on the offside now.:Sad:

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
It's not a case of not being needed, it's if you want them that matters.

If you genuinely can't get a replacement set from Peugeot, then there's plenty of aftermarket places that will supply a new matching set.

I blow two ways with them. On my 110 and Series Land Rovers, then yes. Most definitely. Highly practical. On my other cars, then no. Don't like the looks.

Never thought about them on a MH before other than to reduce spray on double rear wheeled models.

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
If your vehicle is a Peugeot form of the Fiat Ducato, then they certainly are available from Peugeot.

I have a Fiat Ducato and went to my local Fiat Professional dealer to purchase genuine Fiat mud flaps. They are also Peugeot main dealers as well. He showed me on their computer the price difference between genuine Fiat and genuine Peugeot mud flaps (about £15).

He then went and got both sets off the shelf, and besides the actual sticker on the bag, they are identical (same manufacturing marks / codes etc).

You can also get them off eBay, but can't guarantee whether they are genuine.

If you cant get Peugeot, try Citroen as well.

The same applies to many of the generic parts across the Fiat/Peugeot Citroen range.

Hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We mave mud flaps on the rear, not sure what make they are, they came with the van. I would like some for the front though. We seem to spend a lot of time driving down muddy lanes and the front wheels throw up a lot of muck

Allan

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Although your m/h may be built on a Peugeot chassis the rear wheel arches are a part of the coach built conversion and not anything to do with Peugeot, therefore they will not produce suitable mud flaps for the rear.

I'm sure though that as previously advised you could fabricate your own flaps or there may be somewhere on the market a universal one which you could use.

The front is a different matter and Peugeot do supply flaps.

Brian

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
You don't mention wether front or rear? If front Halfords cannon brand are cheap, easily fitted and do a grand job of stopping a lot of crap being thrown up onto the hab body. The fiat/Pug ones are expensive and contoured and small so do not stop very much of the muck if any.

Your choice. :thumb:

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Couple of pics I posted on here or the other forum a couple of years ago showing Halfords flaps, they look and do the business:thumb:

Attachments

• mudflap01.jpg
    mudflap01.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 90
  • mudflap02.jpg
    mudflap02.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 77

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007

Nice to buy a pig to fit as I cant get a spanner on the retaining bolts that are rusted and caked in muck; need a flexi arm and a flexi spanner to get at them too

Norman

OP
OP
kglblue

kglblue

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
Thanks to all, for the advice re mud flaps, I bought a "universal" set off ebay for £7.99, what a waste of money, cheap yes, but nasty things that don't fit! I shall look at the fiamma and check out John Cross. I definitely want to replace cos the van seemed cleaner before we lost the rear offside flap. Changing the subject, I've had gas low fitted by vanbitz, does any one know if I have to declare it to my insurers, as a modification?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back