Mud Flaps - advice please

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by rosalan, Dec 7, 2015.

1. rosalan

rosalan Funster

My mudflaps have come off, spotted by my wife so must consider doing something about them.
    My 2009 Dethlefs Fiat Ducato needs the two rear mudflaps replacing. They are (were)attached by three pop rivets. No problem so far until I looked up replacement parts. It would seem that the exact measurements 300 x 300 range in price from £6.95 to £56. I am guessing that the most expensive are 'original' parts but does anyone have experience of the real difference before I replace them?
    The only difference I can see is the name "SCHONEK", nobody seems to sell these and a metal strip at the bottom of the flap.
    Alan

2. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

The cheaper ones are very often made of a solid material.
    I used them on the fronts but had to modify them ..
    The rears.. If you are 'handy' I would use some heavy duty rubber mat ( often used in welding bays to stand on, but a variation and better reinforced option is used in production line belting which is where I got mine from )

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Have a look here should be able to find something suitable at a reasonable price. You need a fairly heavy material or the just blow up with the wind force and don't do anything.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JohnM

JohnM Read Only Funster

buy a rear truck mud flap for under a £10 cut it down the center and you have two flaps all pre drilled i have done this on my last three vans.

• Like Like x 2
  5. 2bob

2bob Funster

6. TUCANO

TUCANO Funster

I bought a sheet of the stuff they use on commercial wagons and it was easy to cut in half to make two mud flaps for the rear of my van, still haven't got round to fitting them though !! It cost about £24 if I remember correctly.