Muc-off (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
The cleaner I mentioned is awsome on flies dosnt stain etc. Another tips for flys is pledge mr sheene etc spray on let it soak in and polish off

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Do the bits that I cleaned stay cleaner for longer, Neil?

It's supposed to leave a silicone layer which repels dirt.
Sadly I need to have used the van to test that theory out :Sad:

Looking at the forecast this weekend for Brecon.....it should get a good trial :rain:

(Un)fortunately it hardly rained this weekend. In fact, the sun managed to find Brecon at times :sin:.And when it did rain, the van was already parked up so it didn't get splashed. As a result, I still can't tell.

Maybe it requires a couple of applications...you know, to build up the layer...hint, hint. ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
A former member on here once cleaned the rear GRP panel of our MH with Muc Off , whilst we went out on our bikes. Whilst it left a lovely smooth shiny finish, when it next rained, the panel was covered in black streaks where dirty rain water ran off the roof. I wasn't very impressed then. :RollEyes:

Now, I use TFR Traffic 110 & Wax from http://www.pgcnottingham.co.uk/products-services/vehicle-cleaning-pressure-wash-additives/vehicle-cleaning-pressure-wash-additives.cfm?a=uk, but I am very careful not to let it dry, and I never us it on a sunny day...................................nowadays. :winky::winky::winky:

I hose the front GRP panel, spray on the diluted cleaner, and watch the baked on beasties disintegrate in front of my eyes for a few seconds before brushing. As previously mentioned, just do one panel at a time. I rinse off immediately.

YOU MUSN'T LET IT DRY BEFORE BRUSHING IN, AND RINSING OFF.

HTH,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Therapy required, we haven't been away for a few weeks now (Malvern this weekend woooooo hooooooo) so a trip to Towsure.

So looking at the muc off it struck me as being another Fewicks, standard washing practice and strips anything off the van, ie including polish. I have noticed that after using the afore mentioned Fenwicks the black streeks after rain are also worse:Doh:

Any road, got sucked in and bought some of that one dry wash stuff, well time will tell but I was definatly impressed with the results, struggled as has been said with the bigger bug deaths, but impressed non the less.

OP
OP
Mizar

Mizar

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
WOW sorry been away for a few days and had no internet i seem to have opened a can of worms regarding cleaning products.
Well part 2 now , I been to an motorsport event this weekend Autograss racing and in the trade stand area there was the Muc-off guys selling there products told them i had been using it and quite impressed.
A few stalls down there was another stand of motorhome cleaning products marketed pretty simlar to Muc-off nice bright colours etc its called Rhino-goo.
i thought i would try a bottle got to say its pretty good van was covered in flies when we got home a little spray brush and rinse all gone in a couple of minutes.
Ged

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back