MTC Magnetronic DCC 2000

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Snowbird, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

I need some help with the above bit of kit. Have searched the net and believe they are now upgraded to the 6000. The instructions I have are in German and cant make head nor tail of em. I know its some sort of charge regulator that was used on yachts and boats so am hoping the yachters amongst you can give me some idea how it works. I could do with English instructions, but am thinking that's a tall order. I think its somehow connected via a shunt into the battery's and inverter, but that's only a stab in the dark. Any help would be much appreciated as we want to be able to connect the self seeking solar tracker to it if possible.

2. steveclecy

steveclecy Read Only Funster

My knowledge of German is close to nil but could you scan the German instructions in and attach to your post - I am sure there will be someone here with a working knowledge of German.

Steve

3. Snowbird

Good idea...will have to wait for one of the offspring to come in to work the scanner.

4. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

Heyya! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads, and I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State.

5. Popeye

Popeye Funster

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  6. Snowbird

Thanks Popeye. Have read the 6000 instructions and that's how I found out what it basicly does. My problem is that this thing is hard wired into my circuit and I know its an expensive bit of kit, so I would like to know how to wire other things into it , such as further solar panels and power take offs.