Mrs. Brown's Boys (1 Viewer)

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Love it (we do) or hate it?

The film is on BBC1 at 2115 - think it is based on the original books.

OP
OP
phil1946
Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
You're right, hope tomorrow's special is better - the cameo appearance by @old-mo was almost funny though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Old boy... "This is Red Dog.. get the unit together". Loved it,tongue in cheek,russian "Hit men ?" losing it and laughing,blind Ninjas,council with Tourettes....... Loved it,plus great shots of Dublin.
Happy New Year.
Tea Bag

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Marmite!!!!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Def marmite then.. But I am a fan and enjoy the tv shows.. Found the film a bit frustrating to be honest
Certainly enjoyed last nights offering.. Watched it this morning as was partying last night !

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
Chewing gum for the eyes Dougal.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Hate it ........... not funny ........... just vulgar :eek:

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Love it ! Its FUN and its about the delivery as much as anything.. Sorry but some here sound like right miserable old buggers.. Sure the jokes are old but most are ...... Best bits are when someone forgets a line..

Maybe not the best programme ever that is reserved in my book for Fools and Horses . But compared to the crap that is on most of the time its ace !

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
He started out doing Mrs Brown on the Gerry Ryan Radio Show as little " Funny " fillers.....Think he then done some TV shows but was dropped after a while by RTE....Next thing you know British TV signed him up and the Brits have been loving him since! Fair play to his success....still find it dire though:p

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Love it ! Its FUN and its about the delivery as much as anything.. Sorry but some here sound like right miserable old buggers.. Sure the jokes are old but most are ...... Best bits are when someone forgets a line..

Maybe not the best programme ever that is reserved in my book for Fools and Horses . But compared to the crap that is on most of the time its ace !

Charlie.
Disclaimer. I am full of "Vodka Putinoff 3 Premium 40% vol"( I kid you not,a gift ?) Bah Humbug,single malt..... in a Whisky glass.?.. Believe me,when i tell you,Southern Comfort tastes just the same from a milk saucepan,with me drinking it propped up on the floor, in the corner of Sam Palins kitchen .
You hit the hail on the ned,it's just pure escapism?(spelling). The bit with the river boat....SO.. Last of the Summer Wine..LOL. Mrs Browns Boys ? It is like,"Home Ales",a Nottingham Brew as was, Noahs Ark Derby and the lads drank there,so in we go,it took a month to be able to stomach it,but from then on it was Nectar. There was a Welsh chap who drank with us,who when "Stoked up" enough,used to sing,"I have heard the Mavis singing" ? Yes ?.
Persevere,twenty years down the line,people will be telling you,as you sit half awake in your chair."Did you ever see Mrs Browns Boys...Magic.
Tea Bag.
PS. Send ALL the flak you want,i am allready beyond the pale,i just remarked to the first wife of 53 years as she casually sprinkled gravy granules from a container......... "I LOVE the way you measure things out so precisely "(Had to look up the shpelling on that...Precisely)
Her reply........ That so?....GET YOUR OWN DINNER!!!
PPS OOPs

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
hI.
Just checked Vodka Putinoff out on google.... It's not that bad....German,but not bad at all,result!
Tea Bag Hic

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I suspect "Marmite" covers it, However, it is one of the few "modern" "comedy" shows SWMBO will actually watch!!. which considering her aversion to all "foul" language is something of a Mystery!. The film was mediocre, but the "live" shows with all the Mistakes etc; can be hilarious!. Reminds me a bit of the two Ronnie`s done live, plus some £8*8£!.!!.

Pete

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
The language is coarse..but the setting is as basic in life as it gets and in many ways represents what I as a boy bought up on a council estate saw.. Only on the programme it's funny....

The film was a wee bit disappointing but the rest is epic. I can relate to a woman who lived up our road when I was a kid who is or should I say was the image of Agnes not only in looks but the way she spoke... God I grew up on a rough manor !! (n)

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
The language is coarse..but the setting is as basic in life as it gets and in many ways represents what I as a boy bought up on a council estate saw.. Only on the programme it's funny....

The film was a wee bit disappointing but the rest is epic. I can relate to a woman who lived up our road when I was a kid who is or should I say was the image of Agnes not only in looks but the way she spoke... God I grew up on a rough manor !! (n)
Same here. I also relate greatly to Father Ted, being dragged up on a Catholic on a council estate in Liverpool

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Charlie.
Disclaimer. I am full of "Vodka Putinoff 3 Premium 40% vol"( I kid you not,a gift ?) Bah Humbug,single malt..... in a Whisky glass.?.. Believe me,when i tell you,Southern Comfort tastes just the same from a milk saucepan,with me drinking it propped up on the floor, in the corner of Sam Palins kitchen .
You hit the hail on the ned,it's just pure escapism?(spelling). The bit with the river boat....SO.. Last of the Summer Wine..LOL. Mrs Browns Boys ? It is like,"Home Ales",a Nottingham Brew as was, Noahs Ark Derby and the lads drank there,so in we go,it took a month to be able to stomach it,but from then on it was Nectar. There was a Welsh chap who drank with us,who when "Stoked up" enough,used to sing,"I have heard the Mavis singing" ? Yes ?.
Persevere,twenty years down the line,people will be telling you,as you sit half awake in your chair."Did you ever see Mrs Browns Boys...Magic.
Tea Bag.
PS. Send ALL the flak you want,i am allready beyond the pale,i just remarked to the first wife of 53 years as she casually sprinkled gravy granules from a container......... "I LOVE the way you measure things out so precisely "(Had to look up the shpelling on that...Precisely)
Her reply........ That so?....GET YOUR OWN DINNER!!!
PPS OOPs
Have you had a few TB?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back