Free Member
Jun 25, 2012
bristol
Funster No
MH
unsure
Exp
just starting
:winky:Hi We have recently purchasead d a Swift Gazelle F63. Wondered if anyone out there has one. We are having probs figuring out how to convert the lounge seating into a bed. Dont have any instructions and the seller had no idea only having used it for day trips. Any advice welcomed. Thanks

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Peter and welcome.

trial and error i'm afraid.

there may be a slatted slide/pull out section, hidden between the seats, which fits between the seat bases and then rearrange the seat cushions to fit......thats the trial and error bit.

it will always be a compromise and gaps are unavoidable...just try to position the gaps away from hips and shoulders when laid down.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
:winky:Hi We have recently purchasead d a Swift Gazelle F63. Wondered if anyone out there has one. We are having probs figuring out how to convert the lounge seating into a bed. Dont have any instructions and the seller had no idea only having used it for day trips. Any advice welcomed. Thanks

Hi Peter
I have no personal experience of that model, but I did own a Besacarr with an end lounge if that is what yours is like, under the end section ther was a pull out rack to fill in the middle section then you placed the seat cusions to make the bed, hope this helps. Peter :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Hi Peter

Our Bessacar has an L shaped lounge and as pappajohn has said, there is a pull out slatted piece under the back seat. There's a little thing that looks like a miniature wooden pelmet on the front of the locker surround, this pulls out and rests on the low cupboard under the window (open thing like a magazine rack in our van) so makes a 4'6" double sleeping across the van. We haven't yet found a comfy way of arranging the cushions at all, so we sleep in the overcab. If you need to use the rear bed, or we did, I'd buy a Duvalay (or similar) mattress topper, which could be stashed on the overcab during the day or travelling and chucked on top of the seat cushions, complete with its fitted sheet, when we retired.

BUT - Swift are most certainly still in business - try a phone call and see if they can supply the Users Manual ?

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum... while I cannot help you myself .. I own an RV ..American Motor home... I am sure someone will be able to help and give you some advise ...I have bumped this to make sure others see it.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back