Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I've been reading some posts about Mr D's cooking pot.
So I assume that everyone is very happy with the Mr D thermal cooking pot, am I right?
Give me some feedback about the pot please so I can make up my mind.
What is the difference between the 'old' one & the 'new' one?

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Don't worry, just been reading Mousey's old post about them!

I've tried to find Mousey's old post about them could you put a link to it on here for me please so I can have a read about them . Regards Kate

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Yes Kingham that's the one I read!
I think I want the 3L pot but at the mo they've only got the double pot, they are expensive tho!

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
We just had supper courtesy of our new Mr. D's Thermal Cooker :). First time it's been used. Absolutely scrummy (y). Chile con carne with rice from their cook book. Really deep intense flavour, rice was just right, could have all been a bit hotter but it had been in for about 7 hours. Just a practice at home before it gets loaded in the van! Definitely a good buy, can see it getting used loads :dance2: Try a curry next. :hot:. Happy days

20170603_111239.jpg 20170603_184502.jpg

Last edited:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I've been reading some posts about Mr D's cooking pot.
So I assume that everyone is very happy with the Mr D thermal cooking pot, am I right?
Give me some feedback about the pot please so I can make up my mind.
What is the difference between the 'old' one & the 'new' one?
Mr D usually does the NEC shows and has offers on so makes it a bit cheaper , I fancy the smaller new 3litre one so am saving up for Octobers visit!

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
I'd looked at them for a while before buying and they were at Malvern show last August so I went to the stand and watched the lady prepare and start cooking a vegetable curry. I had so many questions and was probably the customer from hell! Once it was started she told me how long the cooking would take so i left and said I'd be back later to taste test. It was fabulous and I bought one that weekend. They are expensive but I've used mine to cook all sorts of things and never been disappointed. What I really like is the safety aspect that I can prepare and start cooking then with no gas or electric it carries on to create fabulous, tasty food whilst we go out for the day. I've even prepared the meal then taken the Mr D out with us for our picnic or beach trip to eat later.

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I bought a MrD 3ltr pot and can say I'm very pleased with it. Does exactly what it should.
Made a chicken curry the other day with the rice in the top pot, got it all going then 90 mins later there was the meal, and the rice was nicer than done in a saucepan on the stove top!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back