MPPT V Standard Solar Controller. (1 Viewer)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I've never had a failure.It's no more likely to fail than the TV. I do recall you have a thing about bumps :roflmto: Perhaps your suspension needs looking at :thumb:

Don't laugh. A couple of months ago I parked my bike in Tescos and a nice young woman came and said "do you know your tail lamp is faulty ?". I thanked her and offered her a dirty weekend on Ilkley Moor but this did not impress her.

I got back and with huge difficulty took the sealed LED assembly apart and found that Kawasaki had soldered the wires to the PCB and all three wires had sheared due to the usual solder-hardening effect.

I have a standard burglar alarm box on my van, that failed because it was not designed to be vibrated, some soldering and a load of glue cured that.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I'm the exact same position. I think the Schaudt regulator, be PWM would be easier to fit. It will charge at 18A so should be good for a couple of 100Ah is batteries. It will also split charge and the leads to connect to an Electroblok are in the box. Still not decided over MPTT though.

18 amps is the maximum it can deliver not what it will deliver, this is controlled by how many watts on the roof and the amount of light.

I did an EBL 99 with the mppt and a CBE CSB 2 relay for about £20 more than the Schauldt regulator

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Is this the one I should get for it and does anyone know of a better price? What panel/s would be suitable? I really want solar to keep my leisure batts topped up -2x 110aH lead acid batts ( original was a single 85aH gel but prices were so crazy to add another or repoace that I replaced with the lead acid and changed the Schaudt settings for it)

Anyone doing mobile fitting around the A50 /Leisure Kingdom (Hilton) area where my van is stored? Van has a Camos dome and a Waeco aircon unit on the roof already, but only really need a single panel I would think.

Edit: meant to add link I found and then saw you had given the same one! Great minds! :)

Last edited:

Bennyheaven

Free Member
Aug 27, 2012
Pleasley.notts.
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
25 years
Mppt solar controller

What make,etc is the controller you showed with all the circuitry inside.im looking to order one of the 25w ones.thanks very interesting.Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I had three 130 W panels fitted last year. Before we finalised which regulators to use out of curiosity we tried several whilst it was all metered up.

There is a definite advantage to using MPPT regulators.

However, wouldn't change if you don't have a MPPT and are happy with your system, but equally I wouldn't fit a non MPPT regulator if starting from scratch

We no won't supply anything else

Eddie

Bennyheaven

Free Member
Aug 27, 2012
Pleasley.notts.
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
25 years
Mppt controller