mpholl1

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by mpholl1, Dec 3, 2012.

1. mpholl1

mpholl1 Read Only Funster

Hi All, Thinking about Outdoor Revolution Valley Lodge drive away awning for our Autocruise Stardream 2010 model. Has anyone got one of these and could advise us weather good bad or ok. Regards Mick & Sue.:Wink:

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Don't know that one, but probably quality kit.

What I do know is that we have never driven away from ours, so the question is is there an easier to erect non-drive away that we should have bought ?

Weight and size is a problem, the only place ours fits is the shower. If steel framed they are heavy, check the weight.

Similar price, Jim posted an inflatable one last week, light, quick to erect, no poles to bend/snap or fiddle with. Worth a look. But not drive away.

3. Mel

Mel Funster

I have one.

Bought after lookink at one on a campsite in Norfolk.

I think its the best one I have seen.

But may be a bit heavy at 24 kg.

Still for me its fantastic.

And the wife can put it up on her own while i check the bear is cold:RollEyes:

4. Phill D

Phill D

dont know that awning either ... but have tried a outdoor revolution driveaway and sold it asap after buying...

pain to put up and put away..
    heavy
    noisey in wind as you cant really tension the bit driveaway bit so it flaps...

but. you may already know all that and accept its part of the driveaway sceen..
    have tried toooooo many awnings over the years and have settled for now :Doh: on a kampa motor rally pro for winter use and the mesh wind screens for summer use.

if youve not tried a driveaway i would get other opinions or even see if you can borrow one for a long weekend.. could save yourself a few hundered quid.... or..... it may be for you :thumb: good luck

5. Teepee

Teepee Read Only Funster

We bought an outdoor revolution navigator drive away not very happy with it. Never had an awning with so much condensation in the morning. And I've used lots of different awnings over the years.Good luck with whatever awning you chose.