LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
I'm a complete magnet for mozzies. Finally, after decades have found something that works for me..... Avon Skin So Soft !! However, want a net this yr. Ideally just a very large loose net that we can drape over side awning while outside or over back of van when we're in with doors open. Failing that thinking maybe a bell tent shape one cld work. Anyone have any ideas about great products or recommendations of where to buy decent one of either ? Thanx :)

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I had for sale on here a little whileback a Coleman screenshelter which a fellow funster has bought, which is pretty much what you wanted, its netting on 4 sides .

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Wouldn't buy a proprietary product but instead buy fine mesh net curtain material and sew your own to fit the application. Use bunjies on the headers and hems to secure. But most importantly have plenty of the skin so soft on your exposed bits especially when sleeping.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RitaG

Free Member
Jan 26, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
The mozzies really love me and I have tried everything including skin so soft but it irritates my skin so stopped using that. I find that Jungle Formula works well.

If you go to this site they have a really good range of outdoor fabrics so you should be able to find some suitable net if you want to make your own http://www.profabrics.co.uk

Sometime ago I bought a proper mosquito net from Aldi but haven't seen any recently.

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Skin so soft....
Should have asked, @snowdrops.
Any ex soldier would have reccommend it.
Good stuff.
I am an ex medic squaddie !!!!! ....tho a long time ago ! Think my blonde hair may have helped avoid the solution lol !! :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
The mozzies really love me and I have tried everything including skin so soft but it irritates my skin so stopped using that. I find that Jungle Formula works well.
Isn't it amazing how different we all are, Jungle Formula on me and they were practically doing backstroke and sipping cocktails in it !!! :D

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Yeah been on a few sites now, found some black netting, but the widest I can find is 1m. (n)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back