Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
Bathgate/Orihuela Costa
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
hi everyone,
My wife and I are planning to move over to our home in Spain by the end of next year and plan to take our MH with us. It was originally from France and is a left hand drive but I know there will be a few things needed for it to conform to the ITV (Spanish MOT). I seem to remember reading that someone was looking for headlights to convert a left hand drive transit to U.K. Spec and wondered if anyone knew if the original continental ones were around? I don't fancy paying for brand new ones as have looked into it, and sure there might be some "just lying around" ?
Thanks G

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Remember it's more than just the ITV and headlight change etc..
Often taxes are due based on the new price of the vehicle, seen many comments about how difficult it is to register vehicles in Spain. so check it all out (y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
With all the hassle and and paperwork etc...

Better of selling it over here and buying a Spanish registered one.. :nod:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Do you have a local ex pat forum where you're going to live ? Also, there's often a local directory of businesses. Found both sources of help and info when I lived in France.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Whereabouts are you going to be living as there is a motorhome dealer in Vera on the Antas industrial estate who ,apart from selling/renting & all the usual services offered , has his own in house gestoria for doing re-matriculations. He would be able to give you an exact cost on re-registering.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Speak to Leo.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gordon-G

Gordon-G

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
Bathgate/Orihuela Costa
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Our property is in Orihuela Costa. Not too far away from Murcia region. The cab is a transit Mk7, so shouldn't be too hard finding the parts? Like I said it's at the end of next year but I like to make sure that I have everything planned properly well beforehand.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Before you move& when you are over for a visit pop in a scrap yard & ask a price for the headlights you need. If you haven't dual rear fog lights& reversing lights 6€ a piece will get you standalones which will comply with the requirements once fitted on the other side.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
As Gus said...get someone who knows....our Hymer was originally on UK Plates....we bought it here from a Brit who went through the process...looked a bit costly, but worth it to keep your quality motorhome with you.
I have found Spanish motorhomes to be a little overpriced and getting our spec a tad difficult.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back