MoveliteXL or Fiamma wind out blind? (1 Viewer)

Lily

Free Member
Jan 18, 2008
Funster No
Can someone please help me make up my mind?!!!!

Our old van had a windout blind which we used to good effect as a sunshade (when we had some!) with windbreaks around we were reasonably snug from the wind. But I am a chilly little soul and it doesnt take much for me to run for cover. Our new (to us) van doesnt have a blind and I cant make up my mind whether to have one fitted or buy a movelite XL. We do have a Sunn Camp Nova which is very good, but we havent used it much as it is too small to fit on the van and is very heavy and, takes a while to put up although very stable in high winds. How easy to erect and, how stable is the Movelite?

What would you spend your money on? there is a difference of about £400! Im getting goggle-eyed trying to think :Eeek: Bit difficult too when you have a pea for a brain.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Lily, I have only just seen this post, sorry you have not got a response so far. In my experience, the wind out awning wins every time. I know they are expensive, but that convenience has to be paid for. I have a drive away awning, I paid £600 and have used it only once. But the wind out awning gets used all the time, even in the rain, especially in the rain.:Smile:

Go for the wind out, and if you feel you need walls you can add them in the way of a safari room to your windout awning.

Oh and welcome to the fun:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Lily,I agree with Jim :thumb:plus they only take a min to wind ib and be on your way:Cool:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO: Is jcm's post removed for blatent advertising ?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:::bigsmile::whatthe::thumb: JCM Do you want me to post on what a great job you did not do of my none exsistent wind out awaning there by getting around the rules:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry
sorry for being mean I found it amusing

Last edited:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Lily, welcome to the fun

I think there are 2 answers to your question depending on how you use your MH.

1. With an RV or large MH you are unlikely to want to drive off site once set up & so as Jim saya roll out is the simplest & add sides if you wish.

2. A smaller MH may want to go off site, as we do, & then a drive away awning is the best answer. The best answer is have both, but at a cost. :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back