MoveliteXL or Fiamma wind out blind?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Lily, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Lily

Lily Read Only Funster

Can someone please help me make up my mind?!!!!

Our old van had a windout blind which we used to good effect as a sunshade (when we had some!) with windbreaks around we were reasonably snug from the wind. But I am a chilly little soul and it doesnt take much for me to run for cover. Our new (to us) van doesnt have a blind and I cant make up my mind whether to have one fitted or buy a movelite XL. We do have a Sunn Camp Nova which is very good, but we havent used it much as it is too small to fit on the van and is very heavy and, takes a while to put up although very stable in high winds. How easy to erect and, how stable is the Movelite?

What would you spend your money on? there is a difference of about £400! Im getting goggle-eyed trying to think :Eeek: Bit difficult too when you have a pea for a brain.

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi Lily, I have only just seen this post, sorry you have not got a response so far. In my experience, the wind out awning wins every time. I know they are expensive, but that convenience has to be paid for. I have a drive away awning, I paid £600 and have used it only once. But the wind out awning gets used all the time, even in the rain, especially in the rain.:Smile:

Go for the wind out, and if you feel you need walls you can add them in the way of a safari room to your windout awning.

Oh and welcome to the fun:thumb:

3. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Lily,I agree with Jim :thumb:plus they only take a min to wind ib and be on your way:Cool:
    terry

4. Terry

Terry Funster

:Rofl1: Is jcm's post removed for blatent advertising ?:Rofl1::Rofl1::BigGrin::Eek!::thumb: JCM Do you want me to post on what a great job you did not do of my none exsistent wind out awaning there by getting around the rules:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:
    terry
    sorry for being mean I found it amusing

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  5. keith

keith Funster

Lily, welcome to the fun

I think there are 2 answers to your question depending on how you use your MH.

1. With an RV or large MH you are unlikely to want to drive off site once set up & so as Jim saya roll out is the simplest & add sides if you wish.

2. A smaller MH may want to go off site, as we do, & then a drive away awning is the best answer. The best answer is have both, but at a cost. :Eeek: