Mousy Goes To France Day One.. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
If you're staying-put in one place for long enough I could post you my "all the aires" when I get home tomorrow evening. (God and DFDS willing:D)
Phil that's amazing thank you but don't worry we can manage as we only need to find somewhere for our last 2 nights and cliffhanger are texting us cords. Really hope you can get back ok. Safe travels, see you soon x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I've swiftly put a sundress over my head, slapped a hat on, collected the dog for a quick walk around the pitch but as its a beautiful day I venture further getting to the beach before I remember I'm not wearing any underwear and my face still has pillow creases on it.

Another Commando landing in France!
Thought the war was over?:giggle:

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
This is the best thread,ever!

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Sorry but I have got to stop reading this thread.:(
As a result of Mousey's earlier posting I keep getting a disturbing image. It was bad enough when buoyancy aids kept popping into my mind.:sneaky:
But I now have a recurring picture of a certain lady cycling the roads of France in a fairly short skirt which flutters in the breeze and as she mentioned she is riding knickerless. The effect this is having on a succession of elderly rural French gentlemen is to leave a trail of them clutching their heaving chests (or other areas).:eek:
In addition the thought is playing hell with my blood pressure.:ROFLMAO:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
:rofl::rofl::rofl::blush::blush:.... Sorry , I could not resist! I do hope the best is ahead though and that you won't find summer storms on your way! The heat has been horrendous.... 41° in the shade at my place!!!!!!

Now Mr. and Mrs. Mousy in order to avoid more troubles at least with the linguo;
Répète après moi: bonjour monsieur/madame je voudrais 8 pains au chocolat; 8 croissants et 2 baguettes!

Allez..... Bon Voyage et Bonnes Vacances (Vacances is feminine hense BONNES!) Next lesson according to the next episode of your holidays saga!... Follow this space if you're about to go to France ::bigsmile:::bigsmile::cooler::france:Oh and follow this too!!!

http://france.lachainemeteo.com/meteo-france/pays/previsions-meteo-france-0.php

Frankie:cool:
Not wanting to hijack your post Mousy, but Frankie can you answer me a question - it is on topic and may help the Mousies on their travels - what makes one noun masculine and another feminine? You can answer on another thread although I fear you may be inundated with us funsters wanting free French lessons!

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Have a lovely trip to Annecy. I Spy is always a good game to keep everyone amused on a long trip! ;):)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
what makes one noun masculine and another feminine?

@cliffandger I'm very often asked this question , and honestly I don't know. We learn the gender together with the word when toddlers. I still have to look up in the dictionary to know whether a new (to me) word is masculine or feminine. The only advice I can give you is always learn the gender when learning the word.
Also the fact you hear "bonne" in a sentence doesn't mean it is feminine.
Example :
Bon appétit. The N of Bon is pronounced together with the A of Appétit, and gives you the impression it is feminine, whilst it's not!
Oh and BTW don't pronounce the "t" at the end of appétit. If there's no "e" at the end of a word, then you keep the last letter mute. (chocolat...is another one). Some towns or people 'names don't follow this rule.
If you want a special thread with this sort of questions , no problem. Start it and just tag me when you need an answer. Even if very busy,I can still take a few seconds to answer, and it doesn't make any noise when the toddlers are taking a nap!

Amicalement

Frankie:):cool:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If you're on your way to Annecy, don't forget (in all your excitement) to let me know how you intend to miss out Geneva/Swiss border and hence having to pay for a vignette.

E62 - E712?

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Loving the thread Mousy. You've got a great way with words and I find myself keep having a chuckle. Can't wait for the next episode.

Denise

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
@cliffandger I'm very often asked this question , and honestly I don't know. We learn the gender together with the word when toddlers. I still have to look up in the dictionary to know whether a new (to me) word is masculine or feminine. The only advice I can give you is always learn the gender when learning the word.
Example :
Bon appétit. The N of Bon is pronounced together with the A of Appétit, and gives you the impression it is feminine, whilst it's not!
Oh and BTW don't pronounce the "t" at the end of appétit. If there's no "e" at the end of a word, then you keep the last letter mute. (chocolat...is another one). Some towns or people 'names don't follow this rule.
If you want a special thread with this sort of questions , no problem. Start it and just tag me when you need an answer. Even if very busy,I can still take a few seconds to answer, and it doesn't make any noise when the toddlers are taking a nap!

Amicalement

How lovely of you - you may regret it though as I am poised!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Example :

Amicalement

We could just have a thread on swear words.

My lack of a good swear word in French hinders my ability to return abuse from French drivers. I only know merde but sometimes you want to be a bit more elaborate than that.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

My lack of a good swear word in French hinders my ability to return abuse from French drivers. I only know merde but sometimes you want to be a bit more elaborate than that.

Google Translate is your friend (y)

Feb 28, 2015
Rothwell Northants
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Since 2014

There is a book called Pardon my French by Harrops which lists loads of French swear words. A milder rebuke is to call somebody a bourrion which means you are driving like an idiot

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Not wanting to hijack your post Mousy, but Frankie can you answer me a question - it is on topic and may help the Mousies on their travels - what makes one noun masculine and another feminine? You can answer on another thread although I fear you may be inundated with us funsters wanting free French lessons!

This should clear up the masculine and feminine questions, A Bra (Brassiere) is masculine:) Has this explanation been helpful:whistle: :unsure::confused: I wish you the the best of luck explaining that one Frankie;)

Sorry Mrs Mousy I couldn't resist it, ps I'm really enjoying your post(y)

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
@Mousy We need someone like you to run the Country. Cool in a crisis or what!!!

If you're going to Annecy, can you let me know the way you routed around the Swiss border please. I'm going to Annecy in a month or two and don't want to go through Switzerland and pay the Vignette (like I did last year).

Really hope you get across ok.
Reims Dijon Macon and Bourg en Bresse.

Feb 28, 2015
Rothwell Northants
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Since 2014
This should clear up the masculine and feminine questions, A Bra (Brassiere) is masculine:) Has this explanation been helpful:whistle: :unsure::confused: I wish you the the best of luck explaining that one Frankie;)
More difficult to explain is why some uniquely feminine body parts are masculine in French .

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back