Moules frites tomorrow night, France (1 Viewer)

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Seconded there Judge. Had them there a couple of years ago and wouldn't go back to any of them again would sooner go hungry. Didn't even get what I ordered in one restaurant. The waitress put the bowl down and disappeared before I tool the lid off.

Had some nice one at Berk sur Mare quite a few times choice of several restaurants too.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Stopped at Le Touquet have to pay for the aire but loads of choice for moules (was in the summer though!!) often come served in a "marmite" a type of pot with a lid.

David

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Snot in a shell does nothing for my appetite..... Even with chips

Surely that's huitres? If moules look like snot then something's badly wrong.

Worst moules & frites I ever had were at the Braderie de Lille event, where there's a traditional competition between the eateries to see who ends up with the biggest pile of empty moule shells, given that 2.5 million extra people visit the city that weekend. Trouble is they're served up in a hurry in quantity by places who don't normally offer them and the quality of cooking is often very poor. Won't make that mistake again. Most other places I've been are fine - the bar/restaurant Le Sybilien next to the Calais Port aire is good. Nice view of La Manche too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back