motorway parking (2 Viewers)

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
One important matter that has not been addressed is where, in a Motorway service-station, do you park an MH, even if, as in our case it's just to download some used drink?*

( Pl don't say 'use your own loo - you've still got to park)

We drive more or less every month from Glen Haggis to the South Coast ( of England), and there's no uniformity and often no indication at all of where an MH can park.

If enough Funsters kick up, I'm sure we could get this basic point clarified.

* This, of course, is the problem from their point of view. They're more or less all owned by hotel chains, and since we tend not to buy their drinks, they don't want us. (Thanks to the Senior Partne for this thought)

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
That's true - we have been directed into the Truck area, the nornal car area, a caravan area and once into the Motel Car park :RollEyes:

camper69

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
North Bucks
Funster No
Exp
I would take some serious advice, if you want to get away with it, you will have to put in some time and effort - ignore it and hope it goes away is playing straight into their hands, as they can then stick you on a list of thousands, that gets signed by a judge without looking at the cases individually and then they are off to the bailiffs with the CCJ against you. Much harder to get out of that one.

Not true as you have had to ignore the County Court Summons where you would put in a defence. It would then be scheduled for a hearing infront of a judge. County court summons do not affect your credit rating. Nor do Judgements that are paid within 28 days

Derek

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wkdtroll

Free Member
Jul 29, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
VW T5 Conversion
Exp
7 years
the parking contract was with the driver at the time and the onus is on them to prove who was driving.
write to them and state you were not the driver and its up to them to find out who was...not for you to provide details.

So I got done a couple of months ago overstaying by 20mins in Aldi car park. They sent 2 time-stamped photos,one of my car entering carpark and one leaving. Are you saying I could have refused to pay?

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
charges

a parking charge notice has just dropped through my letterbox. it was issued by a private company called cp plus who are working on behalf of moto. i visited the services close to birmingham on my way home from cornwall after christmas and stayed longer than expected. i am unsure whether a private firm can insist i pay.-----any advice please.

Have a look at Martin Lewis`s website, he explains all there.

They have just sent you an invoice, it`s not a parking fine, they don`t have any legal standing at all, popular standing is DO NOT WRITE BACK TO THEM, once that is done you are accepting that they have a case.
Just throw the letter in the bin, it isn`t worth there costs to persue the matter, but worth chancing a mail.
If you sent out a couple of thousand of these mails yourself I`m certain you would get some people sending you money because they panic.
Regards RobnChris

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
Often times on motorway services "their car park" is not theirs but leased land which I believe has a clause about not subletting which is what they are doing when charging for parking

Are you suggesting that I can park my vehicle in the front garden of someone who is a leaseholder (and therefore doesn't own the land) anytime I like?

You comments are rubbish. If the company has legal control of the land they can make regulations about how long anyone can park their vehicle and IT SHOULD BE enforceable. If the regulations are truly illegal then the courts should be the process by which they are challenged

Why are there so many scroungers, free loaders and sometimes even people who effectively encourage theft on this forum?

Companies and other people don't work their you not whats off to give their products and profits away to scroungers.

It's no wonder those in the UK are becoming regarded so lowly by others.

Our new motto should be "grab all you can it’s yours by right and show no respect for others".

It seems that the law is here to support the law breakers and not those that are the victims.

I suppose there are many here that boast about parking in places for the disabled, free camping outside private houses etc?

OP
OP
Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
just been sent 2nd letter given us 7 days to pay just one Moore letter to come then they will pick on some one ells ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
up date

well it looks like cps parking have give up trying to get money out of me as iv had 3 letters and they sent no more so looks like the advice that some of you give me to ignore them worked:thumb::thumb::thumb:

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
So far..............

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Are you suggesting that I can park my vehicle in the front garden of someone who is a leaseholder (and therefore doesn't own the land) anytime I like?

Let common sense prevail :RollEyes:

You comments are rubbish. If the company has legal control of the land they can make regulations about how long anyone can park their vehicle and IT SHOULD BE enforceable. If the regulations are truly illegal then the courts should be the process by which they are challenged

Why are there so many scroungers, free loaders and sometimes even people who effectively encourage theft on this forum?

Companies and other people don't work their you not whats off to give their products and profits away to scroungers.

Does this include the service area leasee who charge exorbitant amounts for food and drink that is often bland and unappetising, not to mention the price of their fuel

It's no wonder those in the UK are becoming regarded so lowly by others.

Do you mean our counterparts from the continent that come here on holiday to be ripped off
Our new motto should be "grab all you can it’s yours by right and show no respect for others".

It seems that the law is here to support the law breakers and not those that are the victims.
Was it ever thus
I suppose there are many here that boast about parking in places for the disabled, free camping outside private houses etc?

Common sense again ?

When did you as a travelled man Oldun last pay for parking on a service area in France or Germany etc
All I'm suggesting is equality with our neighbours across the channel and not to be ripped of by our greedy British service area operators

Baggins

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Common sense again ?

When did you as a travelled man Oldun last pay for parking on a service area in France or Germany etc
All I'm suggesting is equality with our neighbours across the channel and not to be ripped of by our greedy British service area operators

Could not agree more. We all paid for the motorway service areas - We all pay inflated prices for the facilities. If the operators can't make a reasonable profit (hardly likely with the captive market) then they should get out. If the Highways Agency can't stand up for motorists who are ENTITLED to a free rest area to keep within safe driving limits it's a poor show.

The mainland Europeans simply would not stand for the nonsense we put up with.:Angry:

Just back from a few hundred miles around UK - can't wait to leave for France next week.............I may be away some time........again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back