Motorome & household insurance (1 Viewer)

Oct 4, 2010
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS C CLASS
Exp
Hi
I am intending to be away in Europe & Morocco for 4 months plus and have found that my motorhome insurance with Safeguard does not cover my contents ie laptop, camera, bicycle etc nor will Comfort, who I contacted. They both say that contents are covered under my household policy. I checked this and I am only covered for 60 days, after that the contents are not covered.
Any help/advice would be appreciated
Gaudie

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Gaurdie
I have just changed my House Insurance to Comfort they do a 180 Day cover if you are away from home, for your houshold Buildings and Contents, I dont knw about personel possesions but give them a ring, 180 Days not cheap but peace of mind. Pete

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Gaurdie
I have just changed my House Insurance to Comfort they do a 180 Day cover if you are away from home, for your houshold Buildings and Contents, I dont knw about personel possesions but give them a ring, 180 Days not cheap but peace of mind. Pete

Ps Camping and Caravan Club do 180 days aswell I couldn;t have them due to there flood plain restrictions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I was only covered for 60 days but upped it to 90 days for £35. Anoying as I had specifically asked if I woulod be covered for long trips when I took out the policy last year. This year will be looking at other companies!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
When we went to Morocco the only way we could get the cover we needed was to insure the House & Motorhome with Comfort it also made it easier getting Medical Insurance, the year after when we had the House hold with someone else it was quite difficult to get the Travel Insurance we needed.

Seems Comfort like you to do the whole package with them for them to give you cover. (talking of 120 days)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back